Breeder Question: Is this a red flag?

BugzNelson

Howdy Cham Breeders!

I was expecting to get my first chameleon September 1st when the batch of babies is finally 3 months. We called the breeder today and he informed us that out of his batch of 29 babies, 17 died and only 12 are left, with only 2-3 males (and since 2 customers were before us, they have dibs on the boys). When I heard this I was stunned at how many died and became very concerned about the health of my potential chameleon.

I've already started looking for another breeder, but upon realizing I don't know anything about Chameleon breeding, I thought it could be possible that I'm being overly judgemental. IDK--some animals have many offspring because only a % of them will live past infancy. However, I don't know if this would be the case in controlled chameleon breeding. What do you think? Is this a red flag?

I would say so. This breeder obviously doesn't know how to breed. That many should not have died. Especially out of 29. Find a new breeder.

You'll probably get different opinions on this. Go with your gut feeling. Your first gut feeling is usually the right one.

Howdy Cham Breeders!

I was expecting to get my first chameleon September 1st when the batch of babies is finally 3 months. We called the breeder today and he informed us that out of his batch of 29 babies, 17 died and only 12 are left, with only 2-3 males (and since 2 customers were before us, they have dibs on the boys). When I heard this I was stunned at how many died and became very concerned about the health of my potential chameleon.

I've already started looking for another breeder, but upon realizing I don't know anything about Chameleon breeding, I thought it could be possible that I'm being overly judgemental. IDK--some animals have many offspring because only a % of them will live past infancy. However, I don't know if this would be the case in controlled chameleon breeding. What do you think? Is this a red flag?
Deff a red flag imo . Check out Kammerflage Kreations and thank me later lol . Some of the best in the country with MANY different looks 🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom