Breeder Care vs Keeper Care: Is there a difference?

Apparently…I “do not have permission to view this page or perform this action” when I click on your link.

Apparently…I “do not have permission to view this page or perform this action” when I click on your link.
Is this what you get also ?
@DeremensisBlue did you possibly miss type the link or is it a forums issue ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508-202148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230508-202148_Samsung Internet.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 43
I believe it is not showing because he has not published the blog yet :)
Well, I THOUGHT I had not published the blog yet! But there are a whole lot of views for an unpublished blog in draft mode!!!! Looks like I had better clean it all up ASAP! o_O

@SteveH, @Beman The Draft button didn't work as expected and the half finished blog was shot into the universe! But I went in and added the links so all should be good now! Thanks for the notice!

The cynical view in support of better breeder care is that it makes our community look less barbaric, so maybe we won't get smacked with unfair laws as much :unsure:

The cynical view in support of better breeder care is that it makes our community look less barbaric, so maybe we won't get smacked with unfair laws as much :unsure:
Is it cynical though to provide breeding animals with better quality of life?
I have heard and understand some of the arguments for keeping snakes in rack systems. However, I feel for the animals kept that way…what a boring crappy life they have. The lucky few get maybe a fake flower for ‘enrichment’ and a small rock to help them shed like Snake Discovery does. The bulk though are on paper with a water bowl in just enough space to move a little. That’s it. That’s how they are kept all their lives.
I like to think our community and breeders can and will do better, at least for their breeding animals. Since the sires and dams are more permanent, I see little reason not to give them an ideal set up. Housing the babies gets a bit more complicated and honestly, I’m not sure how breeders generally do it. I do know that personally if I were wanting to buy a chameleon, while of course cost is a huge factor, I would rather spend more for a healthy baby from a breeder who cares about their animals and the quality of babies they produce.
Regarding unfair laws, a good majority of the general public cares little for reptiles. Here in Florida many feel the same about the anoles as they do about spiders and roaches. Those same people don’t differentiate between anoles, geckos, chameleons etc. They are all the same. Maybe with reptile breeders providing a higher level of care to the animals and demonstrating through that, that these animals are important to us and valued, public opinion may be swayed to see them as worthy of compassion and be more willing to stand with us against stupid and unfair laws.

Back
Top Bottom