Branches

Harambe_the_cham

Hey everyone👋 I live in vancouver british Columbia. Was just wondering about safe branches for my enclosure I'm about to do a whole cage make over adding new plants and removing fake ones but I'm wanting to add more natural branches for him to climb on. The internet is really shotty some people say one thing and other say other things was hoping to get some help on here from experienced cham owners 😀😀....

Stick with hardwoods, and you should be fine. Opinions differ on whether to sanitize and how.
I live in an area where it makes sense to sanitize due to certain bug eggs & parasites that can hide in or under the bark. Check with your Provincial Ministry of Agriculture.

I hope this link works I've never messed with links😂. But anyway this is one of NeptuneTheChameleon's youtube videos if you haven't checked her out yet.

Edit: yay it worked😂

Hey everyone👋 I live in vancouver british Columbia. Was just wondering about safe branches for my enclosure I'm about to do a whole cage make over adding new plants and removing fake ones but I'm wanting to add more natural branches for him to climb on. The internet is really shotty some people say one thing and other say other things was hoping to get some help on here from experienced cham owners 😀😀....
Hardwood branches from outside are fine. You can scrub them down if you want, but I usually just use them as is.

I agree with everyone else. Stay away from sappy trees and stick with hardwood. Also, make sure that the wood is not rotting or has fungal/ insect growth.

My Cham has no prob with it. Gotta get the small one. So they can wrap their whole claw around it.

That's the point. It requires them to grip and hold, normally their claws help anchor the position. This is also what helps to ware down their claws.
I did have bamboo for a bit as well. But then I noticed, particularly when my male was injured, It was much harder for him to balance on. That is when I got rid of bamboo as I noticed how much easier it was for him on normal branches.

I then learned of the other issues it has, such as internal mold and spore growth.

Back
Top Bottom