Branches

Deo32

Is it safe to simply remove a branch from my yard, wash it off, then place it into my chameleon's enclosure? (Assuming it's one of the "safe trees" citing FL cham's list).

Is it safe to simply remove a branch from my yard, wash it off, then place it into my chameleon's enclosure? (Assuming it's one of the "safe trees" citing FL cham's list).
Yes just make sure you wash it like you said and bug free. And no fungus geowing on it. Dont use any pesticides. Just soap and water.

I just setup my dragon strand large clear side enclosure.

Where do you buy those branches that crisscross the cage?

I have nothing local that I can use.

Thanks

Thanks.
Looks like they have lots of side branches.

Do you just order the 24 inch ones and break off the small branches?

I would like a setup like shown on the Dragonstrand website.

Thanks

That’s an option but I’d hate to see you spend all that money on them just to chop them up. Try driftwood on eBay. Where do you live that you have no acces to trees?

If you can’t find what you want just give me the type and sizes your looking for, I’ve got some I could sell...

I'm in NY, but everything is covered in snow and salt.

I have a large clear dragon strand cage. I want about 10 branches or so to crisscross the cage. Since the cage is 24x 24 x 48, I think close to 24 would be perfect.

I have a hobby lobby local to me, I'll check that out tomorrow.

If you have some to sell let me know

What kind are you looking for? What color? Bark on or off? Driftwood? Side branches or just one main trunk? Green moss? Ferns attached to the bark?

You gotta give me something to work with. BTW- I’m in Southeast Louisiana so shipping would have to be covered too...

Find a mulberry tree, pull or cut branch or branches wash then install, I'm sure your neighbors would be glad to let you trim their tree, if you don't have one lol..

I'm no longer a fan of using mulberry branches. They are safe enough but I used them in a couple of cages for my juvenile females and the branches are beginning to rot in less than a year. I don't know if white mulberry is different from what you have in your area but I found them disappointing. The live oak branches in my other cages have held up for several years.

I ended up going to hobby lobby and they had lots of various branches.

I'm going to soak them in water just to make sure they are safe, but they should do the trick

Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom