Branches or perches for Veiled?

Hpyrok

Hi there,
So I purchased a new Reptibreeze XL for Diesel. I want to ask what your veiled prefer branches or perches? Where did you purchase your veiled's preferred decor? I currently have a ficus tree, a pothos and several plastic plants. I also have 1 bendable branch from the petstore in his current Reptibreeze medium enclosure. TIA!

I'm a big fan of sandblasted grapevine branches check out amazon. They are a little pricey, but I really like the way they look and they are easy to drill a hole to screw or ziptie in place. I have those with different diameter bendable vines and then I have a pothos and some fake plants too. I usually buy that stuff online from a place like amazon as it can be cheaper (sometimes). There are pictures of an enclosure I'm building in my albums that has the grape branches in and another picture of his current screen juvenile enclosure. If you have any questions about attaching them, I think I've got it down!

Good luck!

I'm a big fan of sandblasted grapevine branches check out amazon. They are a little pricey, but I really like the way they look and they are easy to drill a hole to screw or ziptie in place. I have those with different diameter bendable vines and then I have a pothos and some fake plants too. I usually buy that stuff online from a place like amazon as it can be cheaper (sometimes). There are pictures of an enclosure I'm building in my albums that has the grape branches in and another picture of his current screen juvenile enclosure. If you have any questions about attaching them, I think I've got it down!

Good luck!
Thank, Jordan! Your amoire is amazing! You juvenile enclosure helped give my some ideas. Thanks for the advice. I do want to inquire about the best way to attach to the screened sides of a Reptibreeze. I have used a thumbtack to install a perch. Seems to work okay, but I worry as D gets bigger that it will fall.

I would use both myself "the more the merrier", but I would say my older female prefers the perches as you call them because I think she feels more secure on them because of her size. Now the younger male uses both, and is much more active than the female. Hope this helps:)

Thank, Jordan! Your amoire is amazing! You juvenile enclosure helped give my some ideas. Thanks for the advice. I do want to inquire about the best way to attach to the screened sides of a Reptibreeze. I have used a thumbtack to install a perch. Seems to work okay, but I worry as D gets bigger that it will fall.
Thanks, I'm going to start a thread for the armoire once its complete showing the stages. For my screen cage, I got small black zip ties that were just a little bigger than the holes of the screen. It took just a little force to get them through ( start on the outside of the enclosure) and then I wrapped them around the vine and back through the screen. Keep the zip tie as close to the vine as possible when going through the screen so that when you tighten it, it doesn't pull and tear holes in your screen (or at least the will only be one wire broken). I actually went a hole or two closer to each other than the diameter of the vine so the zip tie follow the shape of the vine if that make sense. For the grape branch I did the same thing with the zip ties so the "loop" on the inside is parallel to the ground and let the end of the branch rest in the loop (don't tighten any zip ties yet until you have everything mocked up where you want everything so you can still adjust). The branch in mine was then secured to the "corkscrewed" vines as well with zip ties. Basically everything is a big assembly zip tied to itself and the screen. Oh one thing about the branch though, I have mine so that it is in the corner at a downward angle so the force of gravity and the tightened zip tie is applied towards the metal corner braces versus the screen. Sorry for getting a little wordy, if you have other questions or if specific pictures will help, feel free to PM me or reply on here. Happy to help when I can since I've got so much help on here!
Make it a great day,

Back
Top Bottom