Branches -- How do you hang them?!?

mschultz

I have a small-medium hibiscus... but I don't think it has enough climbing space. I want to add some horizontal branches/vines. But I can figure out how to keep them elevated. I tried to get some natural branches (I live in Hawaii... so its not difficult). I soaked and baked them... but now how do I elevate them?!?!

Still no Chameleon - I want to get the setup right first. So I'm not sure how big it will be.

Cut them so they need to be pushed in a little. So they stay up just wedged in. Then use thumb tacks pushed through the screen into the end of the branch. If you get a bendy vine you can also give added support by zip tying the branch to the bendy vine or where any branches cross.

I agree about the dragon ledges. I still put a few branches in with thumbtacks even with the dragon ledges. Dragon ledges really come into play when trying to support pots. All the weight is distributed to the frame intend of the screen.

I use a stretch of small chain attached with a stainless steel screw to either side of the screen rail at the top. Leave enough slack for about 1 1/2" from the top screen hanging in the middle. Connect all branches to eachother with zipties. Also plenty strong enough to hang a plant. Been doing this for years and keeps from having to pierce the screen.

Back
Top Bottom