branch recommendations?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
I just purchased zen habitat enclosures to upgrade my chams. One is currently in a reptibreeze 2x2x4 and my younger one is currently in a glass zoo med 32x18x32 enclosure so it'll be a nice upgrade for both! I am going to do a spray foam background and make it naturalistic but what should I use for branches? I dont have any real branches as we threw all of the ones we had in our backyard our (currently buying a new house and just sold this one so had to clear them out). But when i made their current enclosures I spent SOOOOO much money on just sticks! I have no idea what I was thinking lol so any recommendations on where i can get more affordable ones? Im so excited for the new enclosures! (spent a pretty penny so better be worth it 😂)

I have zero trees in my yard. In the past I’ve scavenged branches from the curb when my neighbors get their trees trimmed. Recently I saw a downed tree on the side of the road in the brush and had at it with my loppers…filled my car for the low price of looking like a weirdo to all those driving by.

I have zero trees in my yard. In the past I’ve scavenged branches from the curb when my neighbors get their trees trimmed. Recently I saw a downed tree on the side of the road in the brush and had at it with my loppers…filled my car for the low price of looking like a weirdo to all those driving by.
It’s funny the things we do for the hobby. I keep a branch pile in my yard. I watered and harvested a huge dandelion in one of my outdoor planters all summer last year to feed my bugs 🤷‍♂️😂

Well the best branches that i have are from rubber trees. They are great and curve and taper nicely. When i got my 2x2x4 i went on a scavenger hunt. Kept my eye out for gardners and found several tall branches that way then on one of my walks i found a rubbertree in the back area of apts. its great cause some of the lower branches were dead and broke right off. If you live in los angeles i can get you some.

I'm kind of in the same boat and these suggestions are amazing! Are there any specific types of wood that should be avoided? I'm worried about putting something in there that will bring harm and am probably over thinking it.

thanks everyone! i think you all are def right. i need to go out and find them because lets face it, they are SOO expensive online when i could just go out and find them lol and I could get way more that way too. ill report back when i have it all set up! i am so excited. i went all out on zen habitats and got the cabinet stand and even the top thing to hide the lights so it should look very nice in my new tudor home i just bought! I hope freddy likes his new enclosure too. hes always so grumpy yet hes already got a nice crib so idk why hes so miserable LOL holland (the younger one) loves anything though. hes such a good happy boy.

Well the best branches that i have are from rubber trees. They are great and curve and taper nicely. When i got my 2x2x4 i went on a scavenger hunt. Kept my eye out for gardners and found several tall branches that way then on one of my walks i found a rubbertree in the back area of apts. its great cause some of the lower branches were dead and broke right off. If you live in los angeles i can get you some.
I'm looking for branches myself but I never thought to look at my own backyard rubber tree. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom