Branch placement!

Not sure if replying to my own thread bumps it or not, but oh well! I was curious if anyone could approve the rough placement of branches I have? I’ve just plopped some in for a kind of rough draft and id love some peer editing! The branches I have plopped in the cage were mainly to cover the UVI zones needed as well as a way to get from the top to the bottom of the cage. I still need to have a rough draft of my network/hiding/eat/drink branches but id rather do that after I have zip tied these ones in first! Any critisism is welcomed and encouraged

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 78
Yup it bumps it. The only thing I could say is i have my dripper running in the same area as my basking area (heat light) its good to put bits and pieces in at a time to get a feel for things .

What do you guys think so far? I want to have enough room to move my 3 foot tall schefflera around too. I think I should definetly add another horizontal branch or two, as well as a coupe other ones providing space to hide in plants and connecting branches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 107
What do you guys think so far? I want to have enough room to move my 3 foot tall schefflera around too. I think I should definetly add another horizontal branch or two, as well as a coupe other ones providing space to hide in plants and connecting branches
Add in the scheflerra and see how many more you can add around/through it!

Isnt it annoying cutting the branches you’ve zip tied after so many times though?
Depends on the person some people don’t mind some people do. Personally I do and don’t, I only get a little mad/annoyed if I have to cut the zip tie after just putting it (as I wasted a zip tie) if I’m cutting it after it’s been there for quite a while I don’t care and I find it fun. I usually also size/measure everything out so that I don’t have to taking it out, cutting and zip tieing it again

Depends on the person some people don’t mind some people do. Personally I do and don’t, I only get a little mad/annoyed if I have to cut the zip tie after just putting it (as I wasted a zip tie) if I’m cutting it after it’s been there for quite a while I don’t care and I find it fun. I usually also size/measure everything out so that I don’t have to taking it out, cutting and zip tieing it again
Thats what im trying to do! For some reason my brain can’t think about proper branch placement it just goes blank haha! I think I’ve properly set up the “main” branches (uvi index zones,as well as plenty of ways to get to the feed cup, and some diagonal/horizontal ones to get around the cage) and now I need to slowly add a plant then add more branches one by one!! Then its onto refining my humidity levels (too high in the day too low at night) and then the whole situation with bugs!

So, thinking about it. Can they stretch to reach across and grab onto another branch? Or should I connect all of them together?

So, thinking about it. Can they stretch to reach across and grab onto another branch? Or should I connect all of them together?
Well mine are connected, so she can get around through any branch. Buy connected I mean they all lead to another branch/somewhere. She does reach sometimes it’s all up to her and if she thinks she can. You should connect them all together so that they all lead somewhere. Mine are all connected except for one.

Well mine are connected, so she can get around through any branch. Buy connected I mean they all lead to another branch/somewhere. She does reach sometimes it’s all up to her and if she thinks she can. You should connect them all together so that they all lead somewhere. Mine are all connected except for one.
Okay, thank you. Im just afraid of either having too many zipties for them to crawl over or having a branch fall from not being anchored to one of my structural branches or dragon ledges. I do however have most either meeting at one end or the other or I have a few horizontal ones that run behind the diagonal branches, sort of connecting them but not really.

Back
Top Bottom