Bradypodion thamnobates

I find Bradypodion ssp. to be fascinating as well.

There is a B. thamnobates care sheet (consisting of several separate photos) on Atmosphere Chameleons USA Facebook page - see this link:
https://www.facebook.com/atmosphere...922408255054/2119918134922148/?type=3&theater

I don't know much about AC USA but is sounds like an establishment in the US that imports/sells...in conjunction withAC overseas. Doe anyone know about the US branch of AC?

I hope CI keeps bringing them in - one of these days I'd love to work with them.

Also see JV DeVilliers Vimeo site with great videos of Bradypodion habitat and species...
https://vimeo.com/user53022208

Atmosphere Chameleons and Chameleons International had a falling out. There was a big stink about it on the web. I presume Chameleons International is importing from another source now.

I too would think it is great to have occasional imports of Bradypodions to North America.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

It wasn't as much of a falling out as it was that Atmosphere Chameleons owes Chameleons International >$12,000 and now refuses to provide the animals they've been under contract to provide for over 3 years. After 2 years of having Chameleons International's money and not being able to ship out animals, Atmosphere Chameleons changed their prices and policies (on chameleons they had already sold to Chameleons International and had a contract to provide at a specific price) and tried to get Chameleons International to send them more money before they would send another shipment. Chameleons International refused to send them more money before they had the animals in hand because they were not going to allow Atmosphere Chameleons to bring their debt up to >$19,000. In the mean time, it has come out that Atmosphere Chameleons also owes thousands of dollars to multiple other people in the US, Canada and Asia for promised shipments they have failed to provide.

Anyone interested in the details can read the following threads for details:
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/658740797563716/permalink/1267624926675297/ (there is also various relevant discussion in the locations this thread was "shared" to)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/658740797563716/permalink/1415969585174163/

Chris

It wasn't as much of a falling out as it was that Atmosphere Chameleons owes Chameleons International >$12,000 and now refuses to provide the animals they've been under contract to provide for over 3 years. After 2 years of having Chameleons International's money and not being able to ship out animals, Atmosphere Chameleons changed their prices and policies (on chameleons they had already sold to Chameleons International and had a contract to provide at a specific price) and tried to get Chameleons International to send them more money before they would send another shipment. Chameleons International refused to send them more money before they had the animals in hand because they were not going to allow Atmosphere Chameleons to bring their debt up to >$19,000. In the mean time, it has come out that Atmosphere Chameleons also owes thousands of dollars to multiple other people in the US, Canada and Asia for promised shipments they have failed to provide.

Anyone interested in the details can read the following threads for details:
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/658740797563716/permalink/1267624926675297/ (there is also various relevant discussion in the locations this thread was "shared" to)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/658740797563716/permalink/1415969585174163/

Chris

Chris

I was calling this well documented situation a falling out. Both parties cannot get their heads around a certain point and now they seem to be refusing to be doing business with each other.

More to the point whether it is Seth and Steve at Atmosphere Chameleons and Chameleons International somebody should get their head around this point and should be importing Bradypodions to North America or directly to the USA. I think I know of one importer who has however from what I have know about the import it was a small import and they are far from being regularly done.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I believe Steve brings in the occasional import of bradypodium from Europe. They usually sell out before arrival. One must preorder and make a 50% deposit.

I believe Steve brings in the occasional import of bradypodium from Europe. They usually sell out before arrival. One must preorder and make a 50% deposit.

I have seen those advertisements the past. Lately I could not say if those imports from Steve were happening. They were advertised however nobody has been posting pictures from those imports such as before. I could not tell you Bob if they were happening as I am not talking to Steve. I know that is what Paul Fowler was doing well before Steve (importing Bradypodions from Europe).

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Chris

I was calling this well documented situation a falling out. Both parties cannot get their heads around a certain point and now they seem to be refusing to be doing business with each other.

More to the point whether it is Seth and Steve at Atmosphere Chameleons and Chameleons International somebody should get their head around this point and should be importing Bradypodions to North America or directly to the USA. I think I know of one importer who has however from what I have know about the import it was a small import and they are far from being regularly done.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I had read a part of that discution but the guy ows Steve a big amount of Money and seems that he is smuggling the animals too. I doesn´t feel like he has the higher moral ground. Doesn´t jurgen have bradypodions? there are breeders in Europé if someone can manage the papper work, those breeders would be a better choise. My 2 cents.

Chris

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have been following this for a while, and I wouldn't call this a falling out either. At the VERY least this is bad business with one party taking money and then asking for more after the original deal, and another party that should have done the right thing and given the money back (even through installments if needed) until the time that the agreement could be delivered upon.

I don't do Facebook so I miss out on a lot of Chameleons International's imports.

I somehow heard that Steve had T. Johnstoni so I called him. He had no more, but he had one pair of B. Thamnobates left.

Thank You Steve!!

20180918_173228 (2).jpg 20180918_172800 (2).jpg

Neither one likes their pictures being taken.

They are Emhubeni locale

Chameleophlaged - Congratulations. Glad you got a pair thamnobates from Steve. Thank you posting and best of luck with them!

Jeremy and Chris - I’m very saddened to hear of the difficulties that Steve and others have had in attempting to deal with AAC. I’m not seeing how it makes any logical sense in the long run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom