Bradypodion thamnobates (Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon)

Tail Bulge.........

I snapped a picture of a male today. Not a good picture like Chris takes and I can't seem to get them comfortable enough for a good picture pose. They are scared to death of me. You can see a rather nice sized bulge for the size of the male. You can't miss it in person:

Thamnobates1.JPG Thamnobates2.JPG

Boy that colored scale on his side looks like another eye! How funny!

I snapped a picture of a male today. Not a good picture like Chris takes and I can't seem to get them comfortable enough for a good picture pose. They are scared to death of me. You can see a rather nice sized bulge for the size of the male. You can't miss it in person:

View attachment 17351 View attachment 17352

Well that settles it. :D I went ahead as part of this confirming of the sex. (finally) added a caption to my photo. Looks like I am going to be on the look out for some stud service. :D:D

What are the weights on every ones females? This girl is not showing it but she glows like neon when in her cage.

THamnos001.jpg

Chris,

Do you have any shots of your two males' tail bases/bulges? I've never been sure I actually had a male, but am starting to really think they're both females now. It may help to see younger/developing males rather than adults, though the ages of the animals varied. Thanks

I'll try to snap some pics of my two males this weekend. One is quite a bit younger then yours (Bloodline D) and the other is the same clutch as you female (Bloodline C) and should be about the same size as your "male". Sex is fairly evident in both males.

What flash do you use?

Are you shooting in RAW or Fine?

david

I use a Canon Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX strobe and I shoot in high quality jpg.

View attachment 17351 View attachment 17352

He's really gotten big, Catherine! Definitely larger then any of mine.

Well that settles it. :D I went ahead as part of this confirming of the sex. (finally) added a caption to my photo. Looks like I am going to be on the look out for some stud service. :D:D

What are the weights on every ones females? This girl is not showing it but she glows like neon when in her cage.

THamnos001.jpg

:Cough::Cough:You spelt the caption wrong:Cough::Cough: :p

I'll try to weight my group this weekend too.

Chris

What are the weights on every ones females?

The pics I tried to take of my Bd. thamnobates and Bd. transvaalense today didn't come out well enough to post but their hemipenal bulges are very evident, even in my youngest male (bloodline D).

Here are some weights on my group.

Female from Bloodline A: 4.9g
Female From Bloodline B: 4.5g
Male from Bloodline C: 3.4g
Male from Bloodline D: 2.3g

Chris

Thanks very much for the photos, Catherine and Ryan, both animals look great! Catherine's male has just about sealed the deal for me that I have two females. My girl in question has a tail base similar to Ryan's. I will try to get pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom