Boy was I surprised-Watch out, ouch!

BocaJan

I have remarked on more then one occasion that I was able to handle my veileds and not gotten bit. Well, here comes my new little 7 month old ambanja Checkers and I need to put some tetracycline on his eye and the little stinker has got the BIGGEST mouth and is determined to get my flesh into it and take a hunk.

I am not without veiled experience, but they are more a hissy and threaten cham, but not the ambanja. He is determined, got a piece of my thumb and began to saw at it with his mouth. I didn't pull away because I didn't want those sharp little teeth to really do damage, but he was sure trying to do damage all on his own! Only thing saved me was the Q-tip with the medicine on it and he went after the Q-tip when I touched it to his eye.

I went and got the leather gloves and he bit the gloves, but only got the seam, not my finger. Phew.... When I put him back in his cage the little bugger still lunged for me and was determined to latch onto something again.

My veileds are docile compared to that display of aggression.

Are you sure he's not a bloodsucking chameleon?!?! I have had 3 Veileds and they have all been sweeties. I too, have never been bitten, and after your description, I hope I don't ever get bitten either! You try and help them and all they do is respond by being so very ungrateful!:rolleyes: I don't suppose you took a photo of your thumb did you? :D I would love a Panther as my next cham, but I would love to see what damage an angry one can inflict before I decide lol!

I have only been bitten by my panther once, and it was because I woke him up and he flipped out! thought I was predator I guess. My veiled threatens but yes seems to be only a display because other than that he is just a mush. Both of them don't fuss much for medications or rough handling, so good luck! Glad mine don't do that since Leo now has an eye issue as well.

My 3 month old got buck and bit me last night! lol. Hope he chills out some but seems like these guys like to attack sometimes lol

All my pardalis are sweethearts except one. I have a wc male faly that cant be handled without gloves. Hes gotten me twice drawn blood both times and left nice teeth marks for me. If i have the gloves on he will lunge but wont bite. No gloves, and he turns into Tyson & Im Holyfield only its fingers not ears. lol

I have remarked on more then one occasion that I was able to handle my veileds and not gotten bit. Well, here comes my new little 7 month old ambanja Checkers and I need to put some tetracycline on his eye and the little stinker has got the BIGGEST mouth and is determined to get my flesh into it and take a hunk.

I am not without veiled experience, but they are more a hissy and threaten cham, but not the ambanja. He is determined, got a piece of my thumb and began to saw at it with his mouth. I didn't pull away because I didn't want those sharp little teeth to really do damage, but he was sure trying to do damage all on his own! Only thing saved me was the Q-tip with the medicine on it and he went after the Q-tip when I touched it to his eye.

I went and got the leather gloves and he bit the gloves, but only got the seam, not my finger. Phew.... When I put him back in his cage the little bugger still lunged for me and was determined to latch onto something again.

My veileds are docile compared to that display of aggression.

Sorry I laughed Naomi!

Wow that is rough. Our little guy was starting to puff up a bit at us. Now I spread my fingers out like a little bridge that he has to cross in order to get to his feeding cup that's in my other hand. The the first 2 days he was hesitant. Then he realized he can't eating unless he crosses the finger bridge. So he has no problem at all with my hands near him anymore. He just expects food each time now. I'm not sure if this will work with everyone, but it worked very well with our little Cham.

I brought my male veiled Charlie outside and put him on a bush in front of my house to soak up some sun yesterday. It was 84 degrees and he was loving it and did not want to come in, I went to pick him up and the little sucker bit me right on my thumb and drew blood lol

Back
Top Bottom