Boy or Girl?!

Bloo

This is my baby Chamoo, only I am not sure if he is actually a he or may be a girl! I have had (him?!) for 4 months and we were told he was 10 weeks when we got him but he was only around half the length of my finger so he may have really been a bit younger. Chamoo is roughly 14cms from nose to tip of tail.

Anyway, I was hoping someone may be able to guess the sex because I would love to know for sure :)

All guesses are appreciated X

Attachments

• cham.JPG
    cham.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
yeah sorry the picture wont work for some reason but there is a really clear picture in my member gallery if you can be bothered to take a look!

from nost to end of tail about 14cms, tho (she/he) was quite wriggly so not entirely acurate!

Ah ok, all will hopefully become clear when Chamoo gets a little bigger!
Thankyou :)

That is %100.00 female. Males at 4 months and even 3 months already start showing some of there colors.

Id say female too,they dont have the bright colorations as males,they have more tanish ones.

Id say female too,they dont have the bright colorations as males,they have more tanish ones.

Not necessarely true....I have a male that is 4 months old and is as tan as any female you have ever seen!! He is just now getting his blue bars coming in!!

I guess for males,they didnt get their colors so early:p sorry,well females tend to have a clay looking tan,does ur cham have that?

Not necessarely true....I have a male that is 4 months old and is as tan as any female you have ever seen!! He is just now getting his blue bars coming in!!

But he stated in his opening post that the cham is roughly 6 1/2 months. Some color would have come in by now.

That is definitely a female!

Well thats a shame, I was told it was a boy when i bought him. Nevermind!

It can be very hard to tell at just 10 weeks old...even the most experienced breeders can make mistakes. If the breeder lives close by ask them if you can possibly make a trade if they have any left.

Thanks for all your help, I am going to ask to make a trade but i find this very upsetting because she has such a lovely little personality :( but I cant possibly look after an egg laying lady so better to find out now. Thanks guys! (and everyone keeps referring to me as a he but im not! - now I understand how my poor chameleon felt! lol)

i am in the same boat guys, i would deffinately say looking at your cham pictures that is a female. Mine is around 4 months old and i havnt a clue either! dont want to seem to be hi jacking the thread its just very much the same topic. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 400d 017.jpg
    400d 017.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 163
Well i would say female but are you sure this cham is 4 months old...take a pic of him/her on your hand so we can get a size reference.

lol this seems to be a popular problem. I too have a 4 1/2 - 5 month old nosy. I thought it was a boy but the more i think the less i think so. he doesnt have alot of colors just very very few specks that are turning blue. and her tail looks skinny at the base soo maybe it is a girl.

Back
Top Bottom