Boy or Girl????

missjay78

Please help! Couldn't get any closer with my phone camera or it wouldn't focus. I hope these are good enough.

Please help! Couldn't get any closer with my phone camera or it wouldn't focus. I hope these are good enough.

Sorry pics didn't upload, said I had already posted those pics in another thread entitled New Cham Day by missjay78. If you could check them out there and help me, I would be so happy. Thanks you all

This makes me very sad as I paid all the money hoping for a male. I didn't want the extra care and concern for females and eggs and holding eggs etc. Lllreptile will not take her back or trade her in. They said they could buy her from me at reduced price but could possibly send me another female. uugghhh! She is so cute though, I just didn't want a female :( Thanks for the help guys.

This makes me very sad as I paid all the money hoping for a male. I didn't want the extra care and concern for females and eggs and holding eggs etc. Lllreptile will not take her back or trade her in. They said they could buy her from me at reduced price but could possibly send me another female. uugghhh! She is so cute though, I just didn't want a female :( Thanks for the help guys.

That is a bummer. Caring for females is not much different than caring for males. I wouldnt worry about that part. Limit her food intake once she gets to an older age and keep a laying bin in the cage or something that she can show you she needs to lay eggs when its time. Its also rather easy to tell when they are gravid also. The signs are evident and they will let you know.

I do not keep panthers anymore but personally I liked the females much more than the males. They can get some very neat coloration. Not as crazy as the males but nice subtle coloration. The females I kept always seemed to have a cooler "personality" than the males too. Just watch out, they are pigs!!!!

That is a bummer. Caring for females is not much different than caring for males. I wouldnt worry about that part. Limit her food intake once she gets to an older age and keep a laying bin in the cage or something that she can show you she needs to lay eggs when its time. Its also rather easy to tell when they are gravid also. The signs are evident and they will let you know.

I do not keep panthers anymore but personally I liked the females much more than the males. They can get some very neat coloration. Not as crazy as the males but nice subtle coloration. The females I kept always seemed to have a cooler "personality" than the males too. Just watch out, they are pigs!!!!

You make it sound alot easier than I am anticipating, that makes me feel alot better! I was just nervous as it was keeping a chameleon in general and then throwing in a female through me for an anxiety loop! I don't want to kill ANYTHING! HAHA! Glad to have this forum and everyone's knowledge and support. Thanks again

My daughter's fist chameleon, which was also my first chameleon was a female panther and we loved her dearly. The little girls deserve a good home too and I have a laying bin/egg laying blog when you are ready. :)

i say you keep her and after a while you save some more money and buy a male from screemeleons they are a great place to buy panthers... i love mine and he is so energetic. just bought him a few days ago and he is thriving in his cage im just waiting on my mist king to get here he is so spoiled.... lol :D

ive grown to love female colors. the pinks, purples and hints of gold are amazing. i love looking at my girls while they are purple/pink with there gold eyes. imo the colors females throw are best suited for the sex.

I have seen alot of pics of females. They look alot more ancient than the males which is just as cool. I really was more worried about the care and being egg bound and the special care for them, but I will do the best I can! haha! She really is cute :) I'm not angry or anything. Just nervous......

Back
Top Bottom