Boy or Girl?

Aubreyw

Can anyone tell if this is a boy or a girl? When I bought it they said he was too young to tell.
tempImagedSalYh.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageP0P6TV.png
    tempImageP0P6TV.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Welcome to the forums! We need pictures of the back feet to tell. Males will have tarsus spurs on the back of their feet, females will not.

Attachments

• 1D9ADA88-465F-4B98-BB05-1EBA83781450.png
    1D9ADA88-465F-4B98-BB05-1EBA83781450.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Spurs aren't the only way to tell... I believe there was some cases of females having spurs. However, on this veiled I don't see any spurs or male coloring, and the base of the tail looks female.

PS- someone grab the help form for OP to fill out, i'm on mobile and cant right now. May as well check their husbandry while we are here :)

I think im sticking with female.

Please fill this form out in detail, and don't leave anything out. :) Include pictures of your whole setup, including lighting.

*This is just to make sure your husbandry is on point with your new family member.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Your Chameleon- Veiled Chameleon, Female I think, unsure of age, Been in care for almost 4 weeks. Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Handling- I handle about 4 times a week for less than 10 mins each time
Feeding- Small crickets, I offer him about 7 each day, fed in the morning, I gut load by feeding crickets apples, potatoes, and carrots.
Supplements- Zoo Med Reptivite, without Vitamin D3 (once every two weeks),
Rep-Cal 52298 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Powder Without Vitamin D3(daily),
Rep-Cal SRP00200 Phosphorous-Free Calcium Ultrafine Powder Vitamin D3 (once every two weeks)
Watering- I have an automatic fogger/mister and hand mist in the mornings and at night. I have seen my chameleon drinking.
Fecal Description- brown with a whitish with little yellow urate, has not been tested for parasites.

Cafe Info:
Cage Type-Glass/Screen combo. 24"x 24"x 48".
Lighting- Zoo Med 75Watt basking light. Zoo Med Repti Sun UVB light 5.0. Lights on from 7am-8pm.
Temperature- Digital Thermometer, 80 degrees- 75 degrees. Lowest overnight temp is 75.
Humidity- Average humidity is at 60%. Fogger/Mister. Hygrometer.
Plants- Live pathos plant.
Placement- On dresser shelf. Top of cage reaches over 5'.
Located- Phoenix, Arizona

Your husbandry looks ok. You could add more variety to your feeders and gutload. Will attach graphics for you. Is your uvb a screw in bulb or a long tube? If it’s a long tube, is it a T5 or a T8? As your little girl will produce and lay infertile eggs when she gets older, it’s essential to have everything just right. Add more live plants and if you have any artificial ones, remove them. I hang mine on the outside of my enclosure for added privacy. Your daytime humidity is a bit high. Ideal range is between 30-50%. You don’t say how often your mister runs or for how long. You want the enclosure to have time to dry out. Is usually best to mist for 2 minutes just as lights come on and 2 minutes just before lights out. For mid day you could add another misting or a dripper for 15-20 minutes. Fogging should be done only at night and when temps are cool, below around 68-70.
Also am adding a safe plant list a graphic about lay bin, even though you have a bit of time before needing to worry about that. Hope this helps. :)
AA0257EB-310D-4F36-81C2-34292860E599.jpeg 1D55EAA5-0AE6-407F-B26C-0307BAE6F836.jpeg 36EAB832-19B2-40E3-A136-7F2C1FF052B8.jpeg 19940F62-1AF6-475B-88FC-A3CC972BE190.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom