Boy or girl ? Just want to be sure

I just got him or her yesterday , he or she is eating well at least from what I've seen , so definitely a girl ? The person I got her from said male , he or she is a red bar ambilobe if that helps
If truely in the 2 month stage, it's a gray, or harder time to tell sex age. At 3 months it becomes much more apparent. Panther in the pictures looks more like two weeks though.

I know there are a few senior members here that can give you their vote. Just know that even with their expertise, they can be wrong because your baby is still very young. He (my vote) is a handsome little one.

I have 100% accuracy sexing all the offspring I have ever produced. I have sexed them correctly right out of the egg. Its not hard at all. As Steve said, at a point it is harder to sex them but before that point and after its super easy. Its also sometimes harder to sex from pictures and much easier if you can see the cham in person.

The chameleon is 100% a girl, no doubt. I agree with her being skinny! Make sure your basking temps are high enough and you are gutloading your feeders properly along with all the other basic husbandry.

I'm feeding fruit flys for now and trying pinhead crickets but no success in guy loading with bugburger and I have a basking temp of around 80

How old would you think ?

About 3 weeks. Four tops, but I doubt it. Someone sold that to you? Oh my goodness, it is way too young. Not that they need their parents, but there is no room for error in husbandry at that age. And even if there are no errors, it's a huge gamble. Not to scare you, just be really careful and ask lots of questions:)

:D I know it looks small but my Zeke was really small for his age when I got him at 10.5weeks. Does this look close to it's size?
DSC04850.jpg

DSC04847.jpg

I know he was right cause he was a member on here and I followed it until he shipped him. He's a good size boy now.
Not saying this is the same with yours. He maybe younger.:eek:

Yea that looks about the same size , I mentioned to the person I got him/ her from about his size and she said its because she never gutloaded her feeders . Would that make so much of a difference? Could an almost 3 month old be this tiny?

Yea that looks about the same size , I mentioned to the person I got him/ her from about his size and she said its because she never gutloaded her feeders . Would that make so much of a difference? Could an almost 3 month old be this tiny?

Now that is scary... I don't think they deserve the title "breeder" if they aren't capable of basic chameleon husbrandry. Lack of gutloading could have an impact on size, but I believe she is lying to you.

Good luck, the chameleons are lucky to be with you and no longer with their "breeder".

Thank you :) I would never buy from that person again , n now it's most probably possible I have two females even though they are adorable I would have liked a male , I'm just going to wait till they are nice and big before I'm going to figure out what I'm going to do

Also how could I get them to eat pinhead crickets they seem scared of them and can't find them in the reptarium ?

Thank you :) I would never buy from that person again , n now it's most probably possible I have two females even though they are adorable I would have liked a male , I'm just going to wait till they are nice and big before I'm going to figure out what I'm going to do

Also how could I get them to eat pinhead crickets they seem scared of them and can't find them in the reptarium ?

How big is the enclosure? Since they are so small, it is much easier for them to find their food in a smaller enclosure. You don't want to mess around with these little ones, make it as easy to find food as possible. If their growth has been stunted due to malnutrition, you need them eating, ASAP.

Also, pinheads aren't much bigger than fruit flies, so they shouldn't be afraid of them. Are you sure you have pinheads?

Last edited:

Zeke was healthy and has grown great and that was his size. He wasn't malnourished to be small either. Just some grow at different rates. If it's drinking well and eating well then just let it eat as much as possible. Don't limit it's food. Their are some that are just slower to grow. Just want to through that out there. Just encase it's like Zeke then they could of told you the truth but if they didn't gutload correctly that's not good and luckily you have it now before it causes permanent damage.

Way too small for that cham to sold. But theres no turning back now.

You can try cup feeding them the crickets. Get some small deli cups with short sides on them and place them directly under their basking branches. Put the cricks in there with some calium dust and see if they will eat them that way. I always count the feeders that way I can tell if theyve actually eatten any when i go back and check.

Also be sure that you keep those babies hydrated during this fragile time of development. Minimum of 3 mistings per day and the plants/leaves should be wet so they can multiple drinking oppurtunities each day.

Search gut loading & supplements so that you can be sure your husbandry is correct.

The babies are in two seperate 22 gallon reptariums mesh enclosure not glass , I mist them 3-4 times a day and keep a dripper on to keep leaves wet , the pinhead I guess I got were a little larger , I'm going to order some online just to be sure and I'm gutloading wit repashy bug burger , there basking temp is right around 80 degrees is that ok ?

I've seen both eat and drink everyday , but recently one of the females have been napping during the day I know there not suppose to do that so I'm bringing a fecal sample to my vet to have them both checked , hopefully nothing's wrong

Pinheads should be 1/16th of an inch or smaller. As the chams grow you can increase the size of feeders. The feeders should be no larger than the space between the chams eyes for a size comparision.

Sleeping during the day is not a good sign. Get a vet check and allow them to get some natural sunshine if temps are good where you live. Natural uvb is the best medicine period. Just be sure to keep a watch on them and dont let them get dehydrated in the sun.

Oh and your basking temps seem ok.

use the bug burger and add some fresh greens and fruits to that gutload. (romaine lettuce, carrots, apples, pears, zuchini, etc...)

Back
Top Bottom