boxes of crickets

whysoez420

i normally get my 250 crickets in a plastic almost deli like cup but i recently upgraded my size of crickets and they came in a box..i'm scared to open it and have crickets go everywhere. anyone use a technique or something? with the cup i could poor them in easily also eliminating dead crickets/debree from going into my cricket keeper. this seems tough to do right. any help is appreciated.

I would open the box in a big trash bag. That will keep the jumpers in, then you can poor them in your cricket keeper from the bag.

That is what I would do. You could even dust them while they are in the bag before you put them in the keeper. (even though by the time you feed them, they will probably be undusted)

Freeze them.....put them in your freezer for about five minutes that way they slow down, they look dead but they come back to live, I freeze mine all the time then get them out with my tweezers, like you said you don't want them go everywhere neither do I so I just freeze them for five minutes put them in my cricket keeper wait five to ten minutes then they are good to go :) hope this helps

I would open the box in a big trash bag. That will keep the jumpers in, then you can poor them in your cricket keeper from the bag.

That is what I would do. You could even dust them while they are in the bag before you put them in the keeper. (even though by the time you feed them, they will probably be undusted)

Dusting the feeders anytime other than right before they are served for dinner is an awful idea.

Also, getting them out of a small box may be a bit...tricky at the worst, but having to get them out of a trashbag? Screw that! :p

You could use the freeze method, but its not really necessary.

Just open them up over a rubbermaid bin, and be fast about it, and it will be fine.

Ive also had great success with keeping them in a large cardboard box, that has clear packing tape around the top.
So you could dump them in a large cardboard box also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom