Bought 4 Panthers ><

AmberNichole

:rolleyes: All females from 5 months to 7 months. A question though. I got an awesome deal on three of them. Reason being is that 2 are SUPER high quality ambilobes, and one of them is a nosy be (still VERY nice quality though). Well it is not know who is who out of those three lol. Any way to identify female locals? Going to be a pain in the butt to breed all 3 to an ambilobe male and raise the babies to find out which clutch is the mixed. :p :confused:

20130920_091432_zps7288a4d0.jpg

So the breeder didn't mark them, I take extra care never to take my females out at the same time. That way I never get them mixed up, but I can pretty much tell them apart after spending time looking at them. And I mark each individual cage with sire info, doh, and locale.

The breeder is awesome and very careful usually. The thing is that these escaped and got mixed up. I did not ask details, but he was very honest about it. He could have just told me what I wanted and sold them to me for a much higher price. Got a great deal. Basically got these 3 nearly adult females for the price of one.

contact the breeder you got them from if your not sure..hell probably be able to tell them apart by a few photos of them

you cant readily tell females apart in terms of local.

You'll know if you breed one to a Nosy Be and the male offspring look mixed that the female mother is Ambilobe.

If you breed a female nose by to a male Ambilobe, the offspring may look Ambilobe even being mixed, but probably at least one male (if you keep them long enough) will show unusual.

He was honest and told me he had no idea who was who lol Stand up guy though. I have ordered from him before. I'll just figure it out through breeding. It will take me a few extra months, but it is worth it.

Once I figure out who the nosy be is I'm going to have to get me a nice male hee hee. Any excuse to get more chams lol

Once I figure out who the nosy be is I'm going to have to get me a nice male hee hee. Any excuse to get more chams lol

I can appreciate that train of thought. I have a nosy be male and a nosy faly female. I want to breed them but I have no intentions of crossing locales.;) I've been thinking about one of Noki's sons too, and some carpets. Man I'm gonna need some more room, lol.

differences

My female nosy is a little different than my blue bars. the blue bars have more pink and orange depending on their moods. my nosy is a little more tanner colored. like the color of inside a 3 musketeers bar. she is a little younger also, though. let me see if i can repost from my pc a little later & i will attach the pix of each for a reference. it won't matter, you'll like all three. (ps: my nosy does hide a little more just like my male. they still move around from top to bottom, but all my ambilobes do it more constantly.)

Back
Top Bottom