Bougainvillea???

dom1959

ok, does anyone use BOUGAINVILLEA?

it's pretty enough, malleable enough...

anyone have any experience?

thanks

I have before, and love to use them as a "set" for photo sessions (they're my favorite flowering plant to have in my yard/balcony). But only outside, as they do awful indoors. Yes they have thorns but I haven't seen a chameleon get triped up but them yet, they seem to know what they're doing.

Edit - Even my outdoor cages or free-ranges all have horizontal branches as perches, so the chameleon has the option of sleeping or resting on a thicker, non-thorny branch. But they walk around the bougainvilleas without trouble, it seems.

It is not toxic...but it has two drawbacks. They need a lot of light, so you should have a grow light. The second draw back is that with as many sessions of watering that chameleons need, they almost always drown on me. The thorns may or may not be an issue. With small chameleons I don't think it is an issue. With larger adult veiled for example, I always worry about them puncturing themselves on the wooden thorns. Injury has never happened, but I don't use it in my enclosures anymore.

im trying one ot..got like a 3 foot tall one for 5 bucks so i figured whatever...its 5 bucks lol...if it starts dying ill just put it outside so far its doing good(only been 2 weeks indoors though..and it doesnt get alot of water.. i mist the other side of the cage and i just broke off the thorns..wasnt too many not like roses and they dont grow back.. only where new leaves pop out at.. soo we'll see..my star jasmine im another cage is doing great though lol..

im trying one ot..got like a 3 foot tall one for 5 bucks so i figured whatever...its 5 bucks lol...if it starts dying ill just put it outside so far its doing good(only been 2 weeks indoors though..and it doesnt get alot of water.. i mist the other side of the cage and i just broke off the thorns..wasnt too many not like roses and they dont grow back.. only where new leaves pop out at.. soo we'll see..my star jasmine im another cage is doing great though lol..

Is the star jasmine indoors? I love star jasmine.

yup its indoors.. i have one in all 3 of my cages actually and theyre all growing well.. not really flowering though but growing...my chams ate all the flowers off um instantly lol...i also have hibiscus in all of them..they flower and bud often..my big cage has a camellia in it no flowers but it believe its a fall bloomer..also have a jade, a pothos vine, small schefflera in it.. my med cage has a hibiscus a jade and the BOUGAINVILLEA..and my lil cage has a hibiscus a bushy schefflera and a jasmine in it

Back
Top Bottom