Bottom of enclosure!!!!!

denika232

Hello everyone...

I was wondering,what is the best for the bottom of my terrarium?
for the momment,i have coconut fiber(wich came in a brick and i just had to add water..)

Is this good,or should i put something else?

Thanks verrry much!
Denika!

assuming you don't have pygmys, absolutely nothing works very well or for clean up as you go a few paper towels at the bottom works. mainly just don't use anything that could be ingested by your cham, get in its eye, hold/hide stagnant water, etc.

The majority of keeper here will recommend no anything on the floor other than maybe a paper towel. Any kind of substrate will risk impaction.

hope that helps

OPI

My chams dont venture to the ground but I use nothing but a black garbage bag to catch water. Ben(ita)s cage came with the plastic fitter for reptariums and I use the plastic saucers under the plants for water catch. IN Leos I just put a black garbage bag underneath to catch anything extra although there is a plant under the dripper.

I would NOT recommend sand or any substrate. Paper towels only if you want something to make clean-up easier. Chams will eat sand.

sorry but now I think you are being a little paranoid... I have used sand for my Ch roperi for over 1½ year with sand and not once have I seen them eat sand and kept Ch tr montium and Rh spinosus, B. tuberculata with a sand/dirth mixture... and all of my freinds who work with chamaeleons use some kind of sand or dirt(soil?) but I see the problem if there is some kind of dangerous parasite(or toxin) in the sand were you come from that the chamaeleon can´t co-exist with....

Back
Top Bottom