Bottom of cage.

Curtis James

Established Member
What do you all think, or am I just worrying to much? You think the rock could be choking hazard? What should I change to?

Attachments

• 0D021BAD-5EF1-4CA9-AA2B-22A92841DD76.jpeg
    0D021BAD-5EF1-4CA9-AA2B-22A92841DD76.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 127
All substrate is a choking hazard especially for veileds. But if you don't see your cham eating any substrate I think it'll be fine .

veileds are totally known for eating substrate I would use paper towels

Last edited:
Use a bigger size rock, not sure about veilds, but I use 3/4 - 1 inch growstone as partial substrate in my panther viv, and have not had any problems, if I were you I would remove the plumeria, it's toxic, I made that same mistake, veilds eat plants, I would do some heavy research on plants, real plants are much better than fake, your set up looks awesome, once you get it veiled safe your cham should be very happy!!!

panthers are ok on substrate but I still wouldn't recommend it impaction or choking hazard for and type of chameleon

I would never use pebbles, and I’d personally only use rocks to top off planters, if that. I use sheets of moss on the bottom of my cages over the drainage system or substrate. FL Chams has an extensive cham safe plant list

Back
Top Bottom