Bonding with chameleons

caroline?

Avid Member
hey everyone! I was wondering how i should bond with my chameleons I have a 2 yr old jackson chameleon named Cleo and her 2 1/2 month old son August. Ive tried giving cleo horn worms but she absolutely hated them! have you ever heard of a cham that doesn't like hornworms?! she's pretty great she loves sitting on my plants and looking out the window, im just looking for some different types of bugs i can use as treats, she will literally jump on to me if she sees that i have a dubia haha she's a strange lil thing, and as for her son he just likes crickets but will eat dubias what else can i give him (hes tiny so small bugs)
have a good day everyone!

Probably best to stick with the recommendeds—supers & waxworms.
1605558964236.png

I depends on what you mean by ‘bond’. To use a worn out (and perhaps inaccurate) analogy, some bats have poor eyesight. They use echo location as their sense of sight. So, what it means for us to see, is different from what it’s like for a bat. Likewise, if chameleon bonding is possible, it won’t look anything like bonding for us. So, if you’re asking how you go about bonding with your Cham, where ‘bonding’ means what it is like for us to bond, then the answer will probably be similar to the answer to this: “how do I see like a bat?” There could indeed be something that might fit the functional description of bonding in chameleons, but it will look very different from whatever fits that description in us.

Back
Top Bottom