Bogwood

I have quite a large piece was hoping to use some in my new enclosures. Thanks like to see how it works as I not a fan of the great stuff foam (haven't used it)but new enclosures will be cork lined

I feel it would add great depth and more natural not quite sure what I have got myself into( iyo do you feel bioactive is worth doing as I'm excited and intrigued by setting up but scared stupid and don't want to get it wrong

Bogwood is just branches that have sat under the water....like driftwood.
Cypress knees are cone shapes that grow off the cypress trees to add stability (or so I read)

Yeah but bog wood is root of trees with no tree that have been in some cases here in Ireland under ground for thousands of years if that makes sense

Hi is boxwood safe to use and if so has anyone used pieces on viv walls thanks
Almost all species of buxus are hardy plants that require a winter dormancy period. Very few species adapt well to long-term indoor housing. Even the diminutive and subtropical kingston boxwood requires several months of cool weather. This will be hard to achieve in a chameleon enclosure unless you’re bruhmating.

Almost all species of buxus are hardy plants that require a winter dormancy period. Very few species adapt well to long-term indoor housing. Even the diminutive and subtropical kingston boxwood requires several months of cool weather. This will be hard to achieve in a chameleon enclosure unless you’re bruhmating.
Sorry my predicted text is wrong its bog wood not boxwood

You need to Google it bogwood in Ireland. Not the same as drift wood its roots or trees that been or fallen under the soil for possibly thousands of years and been preserved and fossilised

I have both pieces in my yard will upload photos 2moro . But if you goggle what I have mentioned. Bogwood is sometimes used in aquarium

Back
Top Bottom