Boaz , our new Parson’s girl

crosscutts

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well I’m super happy to announce our New arrival , Boaz our primo Chamaeleon baby girl Parsons. Though my friends and family don’t understand and say it’s just a lizard . This is a dream I’ve had since the late 70s early 80s .. upon going to get her Craig was nothing but a consummate professional and gave me the experience in my opinion of lifetime to visit his Home and facility . Only hoping that in the future more information and captive breeding events Bring this wonderful species into the mainstream market . Thank you Craig for such an awesome experience !!!

Attachments

• 7DD52397-F667-4316-86A4-0030028D7288.jpeg
    7DD52397-F667-4316-86A4-0030028D7288.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 39
  • F502D11B-B329-4C7C-8A7D-F61AEE2E2959.jpeg
    F502D11B-B329-4C7C-8A7D-F61AEE2E2959.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 47
  • B825DAE1-670A-4BC1-9C11-AA17D920C510.jpeg
    B825DAE1-670A-4BC1-9C11-AA17D920C510.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 6332F9F8-95A7-4794-9FE4-B61E5ED5A66D.jpeg
    6332F9F8-95A7-4794-9FE4-B61E5ED5A66D.jpeg
    784.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 54A142DD-9396-45CB-8DBC-C439D1107B04.jpeg
    54A142DD-9396-45CB-8DBC-C439D1107B04.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Congrats and what beauty and beautiful name 😍. You bought from the person, enjoy your little girl, before she gets massive 😎
Thank you buddy !! I know you’re in my boat , so I’ll be following your travels on an amazing journey .. look forward to hearing about your experiences with your girl too !!

Thank you buddy !! I know you’re in my boat , so I’ll be following your travels on an amazing journey .. look forward to hearing about your experiences with your girl too !!
Yes we’re and also excited to follow your journey, always good to share information.

My girl just hit the 104 grams and grows at a steady pace. Got her at around 30-40 gram.

Yes we’re and also excited to follow your journey, always good to share information.

My girl just hit the 104 grams and grows at a steady pace. Got her at around 30-40 gram.
Just weighed my girl for the first time at 87 g . At 10 months . I’ve had her for two weeks . How old is your girl , and what are you feeding her On . Currently my girl scofs At anything but roaches , Though I do have some hoppers on the way

I got one from Craig in Nov. She will ve 10 months on 14th and weighs 207 grams. She loves her roaches and grasshoppers
I’m keeping track of her in this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-cb-oe-parsons-keeper.186523/page-3#post-1732609

I feed her as much as she’ll eat. And finally started to eat more then just crickets and BSF’s. She now also eats redrunners and dubia even spot her this week eating a slug 😨. When able to catch a bee outside, I’ll feed her it as well. In the beginning she ate grasshoppers and locusts, but for now she doesn’t show interest in them anymore.

My girl from Craig was 217 grams last Sunday. Interested to see where she's at tomorrow for weigh day. As far as food goes she eats crickets, superworms (space those out), loves BSF larvae, & just recently had developed and appetite for discoids roaches and silks 😂. Hoping I can get crickets out at some point but she's never been Interested in roaches until the last 2 weeks. The secret feeder they go CRAZY over is hoppers ! It's like chameleon crack lmao.

Congrats @crosscutts on the new girl .. she's beautiful 😍

I’m keeping track of her in this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-cb-oe-parsons-keeper.186523/page-3#post-1732609

I feed her as much as she’ll eat. And finally started to eat more then just crickets and BSF’s. She now also eats redrunners and dubia even spot her this week eating a slug 😨. When able to catch a bee outside, I’ll feed her it as well. In the beginning she ate grasshoppers and locusts, but for now she doesn’t show interest in them anymore.
Awesome thanks for the info I got some hoppers on the way , she won’t touch anything but roaches right now , One day she’ll eat five or six the next day she won’t eat , definitely a finicky little girl does the same thing with watering . But won’t drink for at least a minute or two so you know how that goes a bunch of water down the drain before she’ll finally start drinking had to up my watering time ..

Weighed her on 24th of last month. Been eating more since she spends 5 6 hours a day outside. Might just start leaven her out there 24 7. I have a 3x3x5 cage out side for her

Congrats she is a stunner! One of my favorite species!
Thank you like I said I never thought I’d ever get a chance to own one . Just happen to catch one of Craig‘s Comments on Facebook and I read between the lines . hit him up immediately . Next thing you know I’m on my way to LA to pick up My dream Cam 😎

My girl from Craig was 217 grams last Sunday. Interested to see where she's at tomorrow for weigh day. As far as food goes she eats crickets, superworms (space those out), loves BSF larvae, & just recently had developed and appetite for discoids roaches and silks 😂. Hoping I can get crickets out at some point but she's never been Interested in roaches until the last 2 weeks. The secret feeder they go CRAZY over is hoppers ! It's like chameleon crack lmao.

Congrats @crosscutts on the new girl .. she's beautiful 😍
Awesome yeah she won’t even look at crickets , it’s kind of funny like turning her nose up at them definitely the queen of the species . I know my panther loves hoppers but they’re so damn expensive .. but I went ahead and ordered a bunch of both 150 bucks in feeders coming next week LOL .(shhhh don’t tell the wife😊)
Cool look forward to hearing how your girl does too . I think my only concern is the chance of egg laying without a male . The information that I have She probably won’t even lay if she doesn’t see a male .

Awesome yeah she won’t even look at crickets , it’s kind of funny like turning her nose up at them definitely the queen of the species . I know my panther loves hoppers but they’re so damn expensive .. but I went ahead and ordered a bunch of both 150 bucks in feeders coming next week LOL .(shhhh don’t tell the wife😊)
Cool look forward to hearing how your girl does too . I think my only concern is the chance of egg laying without a male . The information that I have She probably won’t even lay if she doesn’t see a male .

That's funny she only eats roaches mines been the opposite until late 🙄 lol. Man you aren't lying about hoppers being EXPENSIVE 😭😭. Kind of ridiculous how much they are. & yeah I haven't looked too much into egg laying yet (for the longest we thought she was a boy) but I do plan on trying to mate her down the road at some point .

Thanks so much Chris! It was great meeting you. You got to see the secret Parson’s compound lol. Very very few do. Thanks for giving her a great home. She was eating crickets here but I have been trying to get them all eating roaches for the last few months as it helps them grow. 🤙

Thanks so much Chris! It was great meeting you. You got to see the secret Parson’s compound lol. Very very few do. Thanks for giving her a great home. She was eating crickets here but I have been trying to get them all eating roaches for the last few months as it helps them grow. 🤙
Such a great experience thank you so much for giving me the opportunity .. not only did I get to see my first parsons in person , but I got to see a whole boatload of amazing Cams .. And again congratulations on your recent clutch , keep me in mind when you’re getting ready to find them some new branches , I might need a boyfriend for my girl if they’re not related 😊 (Sherman and Mr. Anderson are my favorites😜❤️)

Attachments

• EE5511F0-84D9-4F42-8346-0FE0B6B5638D.jpeg
    EE5511F0-84D9-4F42-8346-0FE0B6B5638D.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 3C340880-4467-4239-852A-889B11D72C5B.jpeg
    3C340880-4467-4239-852A-889B11D72C5B.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 43
  • FA0D8082-5CCE-457B-A386-2EB4070CD848.jpeg
    FA0D8082-5CCE-457B-A386-2EB4070CD848.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Back