blue tongue skink

no1lizardguy

ay guys I know this isnt a chameleon but what do any of you feed or know people who feed their blue tongue skinks? mine wont eat mealworms or latuce of carrots?

I don't have any but was interested in getting one and a reptile magazine it has a care sheet so this is what it says. They need a 40-60percent of protein or veggies. It says for protein they recommend cat or dog food (chicken or beef). Snails (garden variety, but must be pesticide free and/or store bought. Hoppers (preferably pre killed). Insects (occasional or second protein source). Egg (occasional treat). Here are best staple veggies. Collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, green beans and peas, mustard greens, watercress, turnip greens, escarole, squashes, most other veggies may be used occasionally but stay a way from spinach. Suggested fruits figs, papaya, and mango. Hope this helps. :D

reason I didnt have alot of research done is cuz i was not planning on getting him a friend had to get rid of it and I have lots of reptiles so he gave it to me so last min thing but glad i got him hes freaking beautiful =D

Attachments

• skink.jpg
    skink.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 231
  • skink1.jpg
    skink1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 203
That's a good looking skink. I sold my northern blue tongue a couple months ago and he absolutely loved ground turkey and would refuse greens until all the meat was gone.

reason I didnt have alot of research done is cuz i was not planning on getting him a friend had to get rid of it and I have lots of reptiles so he gave it to me so last min thing but glad i got him hes freaking beautiful =D
Is it a northern.

I had one forever it seemed like 9+ yrs and he loved canned wet dog food and ground carrots I'd sprinkle his calcium and other supps on the dog food he was probably the easiest pet I've ever owned he'd even follow me all over the house

I dont think it is because in this article I read by reptile magazine it mentions a lot about feeding them dog or cat food because its high in protein but it might depend on what type of canned dog food. Also i believe its an Irian Jaya blue tongue skink is it captive born.

Last edited:
I dont think it is because in this article I read by reptile magazine it mentions a lot about feeding them dog or cat food because its high in protein but it might depend on what type of canned dog food. Also i believe its an Irian Jaya blue tongue skink is it captive born.

I am pretty sure my friend got it from strictlyreptiles and couldnt keep it so gave it to me. I will keep you all updated on the skink =D

O and you do have a nice IJ there I like were the X pattern is on his/her sholders:D All skinks have them in a little differant spot.

wellness would be the best dog/cat food you can get for your lizard. I personally use propac dog food, baby food (squash, mixed vegetables, chicken and broth), occasionally boiled chicken/eggs, fresh greens and vegetables.

dont let anyone tell you they cant climb :) keep a large water bowl (big enough he can get in) in with your guy and clean it out daily.

Back
Top Bottom