Blue bottle flys

SMCNARY

Established Member
Man I love these flys!!! So do all my chams!!! The first Picts are a bag I got that had 6k pink maggots. I have been putting a hundred or 2 in deli cups with a damp paper towel and then in a week or so they r flys. They are cheep and get my chams excited as they have to hunt them. I think it is very good for my chams, more so for the stimulation of the hunt then anything!!!
unu3y7y9.jpg
qu2yry2a.jpg
etydetag.jpg
je8yvaru.jpg
mabuby3y.jpg
umeba6ev.jpg

I will try to always keep some of these on hand from now on!!!

My Jackson loves them, but my panther isn't that interested. He is more of a worm kind of guy though. And of course the mantids love them.

I have been trying to find some locally, but have had no luck. Where did you get yours from? Weirdo (Jackson's) loves black soldier flies, worms of all kinds and, of course, crickets. I would love to see what he thinks of blue bottle flies.

I have been trying to find some locally, but have had no luck. Where did you get yours from? Weirdo (Jackson's) loves black soldier flies, worms of all kinds and, of course, crickets. I would love to see what he thinks of blue bottle flies.

Google forked tree ranch or if you can't find it hit me up and I will get you the info!
Steve

backwater reptiles also has em

SMCNARY, how do you delay their pupation? Do you just stick the larva in the fridge?

Yes I keep them in the fridge until I am ready to use them and allow about 1 week for them to pupate into flys... If they are warmer they go faster

LOL ok thank you... We're having a lot of issues with pests in the house, my husband would kill me if I brought in more bugs lol

My chameleons go nuts for these too but the funny thing is when I ordered them they shipped them priority mail and the combination of Texas heat and 3 days shipping, when they arrived I had 500 flies flying around inside the box. Needless to say most died before being eaten, lol.

Back
Top Bottom