Blue bar Ambilobe?

Kimmers

Of the locales and bar colors I really love KingJulian's avatar. A lot!! :D and I really like the one on this page:

http://www.chameleoncompany.com/files/ambilobe_002.jpg

But when I search the net for other images I get hits for chams that I'm fairly certain are not blue bar Ambilobes. So my question is, are these two pictures fairly representative of all blue bar Ambilobes so if I look for/order one I will get something close to this?

Kim

Blue bar just means that the panther has blue stripes, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be base green/base blue/base orange. Just blue stripes.

So really they range a lot.

The blue barring could be on a green body, red body, yellow body. You have to look at the lineage to find what you are looking for. Just one of the many reasons to purchase from a breeder rather than a pet shop or large distributor.

Thank you Kimmers :) He has had some crazy colors lately...his bloodlines are from Bonzai (from Chamalot Chameleons here in Florida) and the female was from Bonaroo (from Chameleon Company)...The guy we got him from raised him and his brother from babies, and his brother has different colors. So it's really difficult to get one to look exactly how you want.

Here are some pictures...Loki is the first...and the second is Bonzai.

Attachments

• Loki 4.JPG
    Loki 4.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Bonzai 2.jpg
    Bonzai 2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 226
siiigh I wish it were easier. You could just give him to me.lol lol ;)

At what age you get a good idea of adult color? You said he has had some crazy colors lately. How so? I guess I'm wondering if he starts out with a green background could it turn out to be red as he ages? I keep looking at pics and am starting to get a feel for color variations. I see some with high, intense red (orange) on the belly and head. (which I don't care for) Is that still a possibility for your chameleon?

I'm trying to understand how this works. Much easier to breed cats because you can see color and patterns at birth!

Kim

My boyfriend would kill me if I got rid of him. lol. He's become part of the family. The coloration depends on the bloodlines. You can get so many different crosses that it's hard to say what they "should" look like...We got him in January and he was just over a year old. (here's a pic from the night we got him) I thought this was what he was going to look like forever. We were told that he was shy and never really fired up, but he was our first chameleon and we were happy with his personality. So as you can tell he's completely changed colors. He was green and his belly would sometimes turn yellow, now he's lime green (almost yellow) and orange with bright blue bars. I would suggest getting one that's a little bit older since you know what you want yours to look like. Loki just turned 1 1/2, which is typically when they have all of their colors, he was a late bloomer. But people are always putting them up for sale on craigslist and even on here. And the older ones are less fragile than the babies, and still really cool :)

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 215
Ok. Ok. Lol He certainly was green! wow!

I'm heading to a reptile show On Saturday. I'm excited to see what'll be there!

Yea he was very green for the first few months. He just got the colors you see in the avatar after his shed about a month ago. That's what I mean about him having crazy colors lately. Lol. Good luck at the reptile show :)

Back
Top Bottom