BLT is growing up!

Redbulllady

Established Member
5E761DD1-6FD2-4F47-868F-65F14582CF3D.jpeg

Little dude is almost 6 months. He eats and poops like a champ. He is still fearful of me. I hope that changes someday. What do y’all recommend? How long does it take to train cup feeding? I’ve read a lot of posts and watched “taming videos” and I’m not sure where to start with the plethora of different info.
5E761DD1-6FD2-4F47-868F-65F14582CF3D.jpeg

This is a great blog. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
I use silkworms as they pretty much stay put on my hand and don’t bite me. I just hold out my hand with the silkie, avert my gaze and wait…and wait… It takes patience and good arm support.
@MissSkittles thank you! I haven’t tried silkworms yet maybe that will be the winner! I love Beamans post. I will have to get this whole arm support figured out.

My little guy doesn't want to cup feed but we have a routine of once the food is in the cup in his cage he climbs on my hand which I then take him to the branch near his food. It is small progress lol. Silkworms or hornworms might be the trick to him liking you more. Hope you figure it out!

My little guy doesn't want to cup feed but we have a routine of once the food is in the cup in his cage he climbs on my hand which I then take him to the branch near his food. It is small progress lol. Silkworms or hornworms might be the trick to him liking you more. Hope you figure it out!
Thank you! He does love hornworms. So hard to get from Petco🙈 maybe I’ll try them again!

View attachment 314349

Little dude is almost 6 months. He eats and poops like a champ. He is still fearful of me. I hope that changes someday. What do y’all recommend? How long does it take to train cup feeding? I’ve read a lot of posts and watched “taming videos” and I’m not sure where to start with the plethora of different info. View attachment 314349
Cup feeding worked right off the bat for me. Use an opaque cup first then a clear cup so he sees your hand. Once he climbs into the cup put your hand between the cup and branch so he’s forced to step onto your hand. He’ll be extremely timid and he’ll really contemplate it but stay still and he’ll do it. This whole time make sure you show him your hands and that your hands are seen holding the cup he gets food from. Then you just keep growing from there.

Last edited:
Cup feeding worked right off the bat for me. Use an opaque cup first then a clear cup so he sees your hand. Once he climbs into the cup put your hand between the cup and branch so he’s forced to step onto your hand. He’ll be extremely timid and he’ll really contemplate it but stay still and he’ll do it. This whole time make sure you show him your hands and that your hands are seen holding the cup he gets food from. Then you just keep growing from there.
Ok I will try that! I think I have a few leftover BSFL cups. We will see thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom