Bloodlines

bwin287

so the question is when it comes to bloodlines and breeding. If you planed in breeding in the future and hypothetically you could only prove bloodlines of 1 of your breeding pair what of the male or female would you want to have the better bloodline. Or another way to ask is would a cluch of eggs be more like the male or female. Obviously you want good lines for both but if you had the chance to buy from a breeding pair would u buy the male or female from that pair

It’d really boil down to what traits you’re after. If you’re after something displayed by females, chose the females, and vice versa.

Personally, I’d be selecting males that displayed the traits I wanted to work with, and trade/buy females from other bloodlines that displayed the traits I wanted to strengthen.

It’d really boil down to what traits you’re after. If you’re after something displayed by females, chose the females, and vice versa.

Personally, I’d be selecting males that displayed the traits I wanted to work with, and trade/buy females from other bloodlines that displayed the traits I wanted to strengthen.

It helps to know bloodlines of both...
Yes I get that but say you have great blood lines and good bloodlines and you have choice to get a male or female from both would you want the great bloodlines to run through your male or female.

Yes I get that but say you have great blood lines and good bloodlines and you have choice to get a male or female from both would you want the great bloodlines to run through your male or female.
It would depend on what you’re trying to pass on. You could have a great male that possesses high red, and a female that came from high blue lines. If you want to work with red coloration why keep the female for breeding?

Back
Top Bottom