Blood smear...WC Panther chameleon...Foleyella parasites....

OMG :eek:
I really should not read anything else ever on parasites or I may never ever ever get another chameleon.

I had a female chameleon once that we purposely left the parasites in by the request of the person who studied them at the university. He wanted to get a male so he could identify the species. They were a rather harmless parasite that only ate her food...so basically we just had to feed her extra. She pooped out several live females but we never got a male. She lived a normal life span and when she finally passed the guy phoned me all excited to tell me they got a male when they did the necropsy. Sad in a way that we left her with the parasite but she did have a long life and no damage seemed to have resulted to her according to the necropsy results.

I had a female chameleon once that we purposely left the parasites in by the request of the person who studied them at the university. He wanted to get a male so he could identify the species. They were a rather harmless parasite that only ate her food...so basically we just had to feed her extra. She pooped out several live females but we never got a male. She lived a normal life span and when she finally passed the guy phoned me all excited to tell me they got a male when they did the necropsy. Sad in a way that we left her with the parasite but she did have a long life and no damage seemed to have resulted to her according to the necropsy results.
yeah some are just so yucky though. Am I correct that the article is on the ones that are like worms that live right under the skin? I watched a video where someone cut and pulled them out... Really did me in. :LOL:

I'm not sure what species are found under the skin...but I know that to my eye they looked similar any time I saw them.

Back
Top Bottom