Blood after pooping?

kris150

(Pics attached) This morning my male veiled was pooping and once he dropped the first load i notice when he wiped his butt there was blood where he wiped it and then proceeded to wipe off the sperm plug which also has slight blood on it. I need help ASAP :(:(:(

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, roughly 1 year, have had him for 10 months.
Handling - every 2-3 days
Feeding - Feeding mostly superworms and crickets but sometimes he gets butter and wax worms. He usually eats about 2 large superworms every 2-3 days. When he gets crickets i put 5-6 and he eats them all. Gutload with various fruits/veggies.
Supplements - dust with repti calcium w/o d3 everytime he eats and dust with reptivite every 2 weeks
Watering - I have a mistking system that mists every 2 hours for a minute-gets everything pretty soaked and i see him licking it off of things.
Fecal Description - I attached a picture but to me it looks normal? Never been tested for parasites
History - Bought him from a petco last july

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen-24"24"48" reptibreeze
Lighting - 24" HO T5 Double Bulb fixture with Arcadia 6% and 6.5k Day-light Bulbs and a basking bulb
Temperature - temp sits at about 83 and get to 70s at night
Humidity - Keep it humid with the mistking system as mentioned above.
Plants - fake along with a schefflera plant
Placement - In my room-low traffic area
Location - Michigan
Current Problem - Blood after pooping

IMG_1578%202_zps7im5x48d.jpg

Blood mixed with his urate.
IMG_1585%202_zpskm30tma1.jpg

Poop and urate on the left sperm plug on the right
IMG_1582%202_zpsio3vgid8.jpg

Him

An occasional slight bloodstain may be nothing. Watch for more. If you keep seeing it, have a fecal test done by a vet and maybe take your cham in as well.

I don't mean to cause worry as it could be an absolutely normal "male" thing but I had a similar thing happen to my male veiled not a month ago. Less than two weeks later he was dead.

He stopped eating after the little blood smear and despite force feeding and watering, and not able to get to a vet after a double hip and back surgery of my own, he went to sleep one night on a branch, and I found him on the floor in the morning. From perfectly healthy to dead.

It's silly, but I died a little inside...getting choked up now actually...

If he starts napping at odd times or not eating or drinking, vet IMMEDIATELY. It's not worth the wait. :(

Back
Top Bottom