Bloo needs to bulk up!

He don’t look bad in the pics but if you want you can get your self some probiotics it’ll help boost his hunger you have to also remember that crickets aren’t something a wc is used to a cricket comes out at night in the wild they’re used to things they see in the day like flies bees bugs we can’t get on hand but the probiotics can help with wc chams
Yea, I know they aren't used to crickets in the wild, but Bloo has been in captivity since Feb 2018 and he has always eaten crickets as a staple.

Switch it up some try some suppers as well but he could just be shy as well.. wild Caughts tend to like to be alone as much as you’d like him to get used to you it’s not as easy as cb chams your taking on a bigger challenge than most keepers a wc is way more difficult than your normal cb Cham and more expensive but like I said before do a fecal go to a regular dog and cat vet you don’t need a exotic vet for that and it’s way cheaper call and find the cheapest place but with wc they’re not out the woods for a few years in captivity when it comes to parasites

You can't get Roaches in Canada and that sucks. However you can still get Sticks, Snails, Isopods, Mantis's, Beetles. There is no reason to not have a more varied diet.

It sounds like the problem is you are feeding just crickets.

You can't get Roaches in Canada and that sucks. However you can still get Sticks, Snails, Isopods, Mantis's, Beetles. There is no reason to not have a more varied diet.

It sounds like the problem is you are feeding just crickets.
I've looked around and I can't find a single place to get sticks, seals, mantis, isopods or beetles. I live in Ottawa Canada

Not very hard.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-reptiles-amphibians/canada/isopods/k0c14654004l0

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-pets-other-...ch/1445242062?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That took about 5 secs.

Ya, if you think your going to walk into a Pet Store and get Isopods, Sticks, Mantids, ect, you will find nothing. The same is true in the US. You need to look online, and join some CA Facebook groups. You can find what your looking for, you just need to look in the right places.

You can also catch native snail's, sticks, fruit beetles, ect, and breed them out into feeders. You can get those from local Facebook sale groups. Ask, and someone will have some infesting their garden they would love to get rid of.

I gaurntee you can get roaches the same way, from Facebook groups for reptiles. If you really want them, they are there, you just have to get in the nitty gritty.

We have 2 pet stores in my town, and before I gave them crap for weeks for not carrying roaches, now they have dubias (the mom and pop one). Most petstores don't care to carry roaches, sticks, Mantids, Isopods, ect.

Not very hard.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-reptiles-amphibians/canada/isopods/k0c14654004l0

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-pets-other-...ch/1445242062?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That took about 5 secs.

Ya, if you think your going to walk into a Pet Store and get Isopods, Sticks, Mantids, ect, you will find nothing. The same is true in the US. You need to look online, and join some CA Facebook groups. You can find what your looking for, you just need to look in the right places.

You can also catch native snail's, sticks, fruit beetles, ect, and breed them out into feeders. You can get those from local Facebook sale groups. Ask, and someone will have some infesting their garden they would love to get rid of.

I gaurntee you can get roaches the same way, from Facebook groups for reptiles. If you really want them, they are there, you just have to get in the nitty gritty.

We have 2 pet stores in my town, and before I gave them crap for weeks for not carrying roaches, now they have dubias (the mom and pop one). Most petstores don't care to carry roaches, sticks, Mantids, Isopods, ect.
I live in Ottawa, I've spent lost of time trying to find other more "rare" feeders, and I haven't had any luck. I've looked on kijiji and facebook groups.

Just an update: Bloo has gone from 96 grams to 104 grams in just over a week, that's progress right there! Just 1 or 2 more weeks of daily feeding and then he'll be cutting back to every other day! Thanks so much everyone for your advice on this.
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Not that it's SUPER relevant, but I recently got my hands on a small dubia colony, 5 males, 10 females and a few dozen nymphs. Bloo is still eating regularly. I can't wait for my dubia colony to start pumping out roaches, then I won't have to spend nearly as much on feeders every week! :) It took FOREVER to find dubias, but with perseverance I found em :)

Not that it's SUPER relevant, but I recently got my hands on a small dubia colony, 5 males, 10 females and a few dozen nymphs. Bloo is still eating regularly. I can't wait for my dubia colony to start pumping out roaches, then I won't have to spend nearly as much on feeders every week! :) It took FOREVER to find dubias, but with perseverance I found em :)
Thats cool. I bet Bloo will love that.

Back
Top Bottom