Black Stripes/Husbandry Review

Dre

Hey guys, I have had my Cham, Tony, for about a month now.

I was wondering if anyones Cham has black stripes as their normal/basking/not being annoyed colors?

Ive experimented with different temperatures from 80 degrees up to 90 degrees but he has black stripes unless he's being handled/eating. (90 is what Bruce Galbraith, owner of chameleon paradise, had recommended to me) Tony seems completely normal and healthy with everything else. Below is his husbandry for more info. thanks guys.

Cham Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe YBBB Panther, Born on 12-3-20, so he's 5 months old now

• Handling - 3-4 times a week (trying to build trust), no aggressive behavior just shy/scared

• Feeding - Crickets, as many as he wants, super worms as treats

• Supplements - Calcium w/o D3 every feeding, herptivite twice a month, calcium w/ D3 twice a month, Miner-All (phos and D3 free) twice a week

• Watering - Automatic Mister (Climist) Twice a day for 3 minutes (morning and night), once in the middle of the day for 1 minute (330 pm), Fogger runs at 30 minute intervals during the night

• Fecal Description - white urates, green/brown poop (looks normal from what ive seen/researched)

• History - He came from Bruce Galbraith over at chameleon paradise, I got him when he was 4 months old

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - ReptiBreeze [18 x 18 x 36].

• Lighting - 50W Basking Spot Bulb, Plant Grow Bulb, T8 UVB

• Temperature - ambient temp is around 75, basking spot is mid 80s, temp drop at night to mid to high 60s

• Humidity - 40-50% during day, higher at night

• Plants - Umbrella plant, Ficus

• Placement - In my room, not near windows or vents, around 3 feet off the ground.

• Location - Chino, California

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 110
On a side note, it says you are using a t8 uvb. It would be beneficial to upgrade it to a t5. Not sure if there are any other discrepancies in your care

He could be slightly stressed by being exposed since the umbrella tree isn’t offering him a lot of cover from potential “predators” but other than that looks like he’s just relaxing on his fave branch. Is that his basking spot?

On a side note, it says you are using a t8 uvb. It would be beneficial to upgrade it to a t5. Not sure if there are any other discrepancies in your care
Will do.
He could be slightly stressed by being exposed since the umbrella tree isn’t offering him a lot of cover from potential “predators” but other than that looks like he’s just relaxing on his fave branch. Is that his basking spot?
Yea that’s his basking spot, maybe I can try adding more foliage to the upper part of his enclosure and see if anything changes.

Will do.

Yea that’s his basking spot, maybe I can try adding more foliage to the upper part of his enclosure and see if anything changes.
my boy does this too at his basking spot. He could just be chilling with some darker colors to absorb the heat. Also, get ready for him to shed :)

Hello there, and welcome! Any feedback or questions I have will be in red!

Cham
Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe YBBB Panther, Born on 12-3-20, so he's 5 months old now
  • Handling - 3-4 times a week (trying to build trust), no aggressive behavior just shy/scared That is a lot for a scared cham. A better way to build trust is by handfeeding.
  • Feeding - Crickets, as many as he wants, super worms as treats What do you gutload with?
  • Supplements - Calcium w/o D3 every feeding, herptivite twice a month, calcium w/ D3 twice a month, Miner-All (phos and D3 free) twice a week I would stop the Miner-all, the rest of your supplements work together without needing anything extra, plus it isn’t supposed to be used like that.
  • Watering - Automatic Mister (Climist) Twice a day for 3 minutes (morning and night), once in the middle of the day for 1 minute (330 pm), Fogger runs at 30 minute intervals during the night Is your fogger cool-mist, and how and how often do you clean it and the tubes and any other accessories used?
  • Fecal Description - white urates, green/brown poop (looks normal from what ive seen/researched) Has he ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - He came from Bruce Galbraith over at chameleon paradise, I got him when he was 4 months old

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - ReptiBreeze [18 x 18 x 36]. Soon (if not now) he’ll need a bigger cage. A minimum of 2’x2’x4’ tall, but preferably 4’x2’x4’ tall or bigger! His cage is very sparce, as well. He should have tons of chameleon-safe lives plants, lots of tree branches of multiple diameters and species (just none form toxic or sap-producing trees), and lots of vines (preferably all live, but Fluker’s fake ones will work, just no moss vines, Exo Terra vines, or vines with fake leaves on them).
  • Lighting - 50W Basking Spot Bulb, Plant Grow Bulb, T8 UVB What is the brand and strength of your T8 bulb, and how old is it?
  • Temperature - ambient temp is around 75, basking spot is mid 80s, temp drop at night to mid to high 60s How do you measure temps?
  • Humidity - 40-50% during day, higher at night 50% is the minimum for during the day. How do you measure humidity?
  • Plants - Umbrella plant, Ficus
  • Placement - In my room, not near windows or vents, around 3 feet off the ground.
  • Location - Chino, California

Here are two great cage set-up links and helpful care images:
http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2012/04/how-to-set-up-proper-chameleon.html
https://chameleonacademy.com/setting-up-a-chameleon-cage/

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 83
  • chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    98E70BB5-21F9-4E64-B1A3-7C8287BAE040.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 82
  • AA3AB99C-5E76-42EB-9A16-FB39CFEA51AD.jpeg