Black spots on Veiled chameleon, pls help!

When you say Flukers meal worms ...do you mean dried ones? @Cham_Cynth
No they are not dried like the kind they give turtles, the have somewhat moisture in them and keep them in the fridge. She loves them but it may be because I only give her crickets and wants something different. But as I’ve mentioned I am new to the reptile care world so I am learning as I go and go based on what the people at the pet store tell me but now that I have tons of information that missskittles has provided, I think I can do this 😅😅 anything to save this sweet girl Babu!! Quick update the black spot looks wayyyy better it actually doesn’t look black anymore on both sides!

Sorry...I meant to say feed her all live insects.

D3 with calcium at every feeding is too much D3.
@MissSkittles has explained supplements to you already.
I was just answering your question. I am aware after reading thoroughly what missskittles has advised me and I did say that I was going to make changes. Thanks for chiming in. 😀

Also dubian roaches or really any roach that are raised to be feeders are very good as well as black soldier fly larvae and I’m not very experienced with veileds and their age but she looks older than 4-5 months to me honestly she looks very full grown but veileds do grow incredibly fast so idk she could be very young for all I know but she’s probably not as young as you might think under a year probably but maybe not 4-5 months maybe 6-9

Also dubian roaches or really any roach that are raised to be feeders are very good as well as black soldier fly larvae and I’m not very experienced with veileds and their age but she looks older than 4-5 months to me honestly she looks very full grown but veileds do grow incredibly fast so idk she could be very young for all I know but she’s probably not as young as you might think under a year probably but maybe not 4-5 months maybe 6-9
I am pretty sure she is not 6-9 months. When my brother purchased her in September 2021 she was tiny, also labeled as a juvenile veiled chameleon - she is currently 9.5 inches long. I attached a pic the day we got her see image.

Attachments

• DA53DF3F-8D9B-4811-AC18-058951E0831D.png
    DA53DF3F-8D9B-4811-AC18-058951E0831D.png
    447 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I am pretty sure she is not 6-9 months. When my brother purchased her in September 2021 she was tiny, also labeled as a juvenile veiled chameleon - she is currently 9.5 inches long. I attached a pic the day we got her see image.
Well yeah but pet stores especially the chains aren’t too well known for labeling properly I’ve seen plenty adult animals labeled as baby or juveniles so they aren’t the most reliable source for the animals age sex etc

Back
Top Bottom