Black spot that won't shed

Jullz

For context, this is my first chameleon, I've had her for 6 months and this spot has appeared around three weeks after I picked her up (since then i've changed lamps and their height). There was also a smaller black spot on the other side but it disappeared like a normal bruise, very quickly. So I expected the same for this one, but it hasn't left or shrunk even after a few sheds. She last shed about 4 weeks ago and that particular spot has had major trouble in shedding... I contacted the reptile store i got her from and they told me it was a simple burn but something tells me it could be an infection or a developing one with the dead skin that won't fall. Has anybody seen this before?
35B39052-F038-4875-BE8B-CD7FFBEBFCEC.jpeg
23FEB6C4-FC80-48D8-BA36-32422B4BB605.jpeg

That is a thermal burn not a bruise. You would want to get silver sulfadiazine cream from the vet to treat this and any underlying infection. Once they suffer a burn like this the area once healed may have issues shedding. But this one is not healed.

Your girl is also receptive right now. She has some amazing receptive coloring. So you will want to have a lay bin in her cage. If you do not know what this is let me know and I can add a graphic.

Back
Top Bottom