Black soldier fly larvae and soil

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So after putting so much banana in the container of my black soldier fly larvae, the soil has become very wet and sticky 🤮
Can I replace it with organic soil and transfer the worms into that? Its organic so it shouldnt harm them or the chameleon right?

So after putting so much banana in the container of my black soldier fly larvae, the soil has become very wet and sticky 🤮
Can I replace it with organic soil and transfer the worms into that? Its organic so it shouldnt harm them or the chameleon right?
I usually transfer my bsfl into a mix of organic soil and coco coir, so yeah. I don’t give banana to my feeders for that reason. Actually, most fruits will make things nasty if they don’t eat it fast enough. Many say you don’t need to feed bsfl, but I still do. Just not as often as I feed my other bugs...maybe just once a week.

I usually transfer my bsfl into a mix of organic soil and coco coir, so yeah. I don’t give banana to my feeders for that reason. Actually, most fruits will make things nasty if they don’t eat it fast enough. Many say you don’t need to feed bsfl, but I still do. Just not as often as I feed my other bugs...maybe just once a week.
Ok great thank you

Back
Top Bottom