Black sdier fly hatched in enclosure

Troubledluna80

Established Member
So I feed Cricket my female panther Chameleon black soldier fly larva once in a while. I have a bioactive set up that has been reviewed and I made necessary changes a couple of times. A larva must have fallen out of her mouth bc when I checked on her this morning there was what I thought was a small wasp flying around. I checked and it is a black soldier fly. I assumed she would have ate it today but when her lights went out it was still flying around. My question is I have to open the cage tomorrow And that fly looks sooo scary. Will it bite or hurt my kids and other furry animals. I observed Cricket watching it today but never tried to eat it. should I try to kill it or let it fly around until she gets it. I’m just so scared to open up the cage because it’s fast and so scary looking.

So I feed Cricket my female panther Chameleon black soldier fly larva once in a while. I have a bioactive set up that has been reviewed and I made necessary changes a couple of times. A larva must have fallen out of her mouth bc when I checked on her this morning there was what I thought was a small wasp flying around. I checked and it is a black soldier fly. I assumed she would have ate it today but when her lights went out it was still flying around. My question is I have to open the cage tomorrow And that fly looks sooo scary. Will it bite or hurt my kids and other furry animals. I observed Cricket watching it today but never tried to eat it. should I try to kill it or let it fly around until she gets it. I’m just so scared to open up the cage because it’s fast and so scary looking.
No need at all to fear it. They don’t bite or cause any problems. Your chameleon should enjoy the flying treat. :) I actually don’t even feed the bsfl off and wait until they pupate into flies and can give my chams some hunting practice with them. The flies will gravitate to the light, so don’t open the enclosure door until your lights are on.

No need at all to fear it. They don’t bite or cause any problems. Your chameleon should enjoy the flying treat. :) I actually don’t even feed the bsfl off and wait until they pupate into flies and can give my chams some hunting practice with them. The flies will gravitate to the light, so don’t open the enclosure door until your lights are on.
Thanks! That makes me feel better.

Cricket ate the fly this morning!

Back
Top Bottom