Black Lines

littlekiwi

Established Member
hey y’all. noticed these. are they bruises?
1EF56AAE-67BF-4643-8645-FAAB166A69D6.jpeg

Looks super weird. Almost perfectly between each rib. Can we see your enclosure? Maybe she got stuck in something
Also kind of looks like my females markings when she s upset
here is one from her instagram. View attachment 267919
okay so this is just an idea. What s the tan coil, looks like spaghetti on the bottom, some kind of miss right? She may have gotten caught in it and bruised herself

Also kind of looks like my females markings when she s upset

okay so this is just an idea. What s the tan coil, looks like spaghetti on the bottom, some kind of miss right? She may have gotten caught in it and bruised herself
i mean that’s very possible but she barely touches it usually. maybe she was just upset? not sure but it seemed to disappear at one point today then was back. gonna have to take her to the vet soon anyway so i could ask about it

i mean that’s very possible but she barely touches it usually. maybe she was just upset? not sure but it seemed to disappear at one point today then was back. gonna have to take her to the vet soon anyway so i could ask about it
Has she shed recently could be adult coloring coming through. Sage s stress marks are kind of the same . Also wouldn't hurt to ask for a husbandry review

Attachments

• 20200527_162231.jpg
    20200527_162231.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 124
Has she shed recently could be adult coloring coming through. Sage s stress marks are kind of the same . Also wouldn't hurt to ask for a husbandry review
just realized i also never told you what the spaghetti looking stuff was i’m sorry. it’s a type of vine-like moss. i usually have it hanging from branches

It is most likely scratch/bruise from the light green plastic plant. particularly if she can’t climb well, it is coarse and scratchy.
I have seen similar after mating. The quick change in direction of the scratch, with the dark to light indicates being “stuck/grabbed “ then pulling free.
I is not a big deal and will go away.

I would try to do something with the UV at that distance she is not getting any. I know she can’t climb and can’t risk her falling. Maybe use cardboard to raise the floor for now? It is a tricky situation

It is most likely scratch/bruise from the light green plastic plant. particularly if she can’t climb well, it is coarse and scratchy.
I have seen similar after mating. The quick change in direction of the scratch, with the dark to light indicates being “stuck/grabbed “ then pulling free.
I is not a big deal and will go away.

I would try to do something with the UV at that distance she is not getting any. I know she can’t climb and can’t risk her falling. Maybe use cardboard to raise the floor for now? It is a tricky situation
i take her outside for 30 minutes for UVB. i’ve found she has more energy after her “outings”

Back
Top Bottom