Black hornworms?

bobbydigital

Avid Member
I've never seen this before, anybody have an idea what this is or what's going on?
20180917_154810.jpg

I don't grow or use hornworms, so take this with a grain of salt. It might be an unhealthy hornworm. I know they're very susceptible to disease and I noticed some of the other ones are looking darker as well. It could be from too much humidity / overcrowding in the container. I'm sure someone with more hornworm experience will reply soon.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking as well. I've been cleaning out the container each day and the other cup is fine, it's just this one. If I separate them and keep the others that are fine, would it still be safe to feed the non black ones to my Cham? Or should I get rid of the whole cup?

Just toss the black ones, others are good. But I would wait a few days before feeding off the others to make sure they are not in the early stages and not showing black yet.

Just toss the black ones, others are good. But I would wait a few days before feeding off the others to make sure they are not in the early stages and not showing black yet.

Thanks. That's exactly what I did, and that's a good idea. I have another cup I'll start feeding those for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom