Black cham

Mace

? my lil guy is gone.
I took him to the vet on Monday because I woke up and his left eye was the size of a pebble. So I take him he gets testing done ( fecal and blood count and nasal flush) Monday around 5pm I get a call he’s not coming home due to them just getting to do one of the tests and the results would take 2 hours to come back. So fine I leave him overnight. Tuesday comes along and I get a call all tests came back normal and he’s all good to go just to monitor him. Cool sounds easy.
I bring him home and he’s black. All my babies colors disappeared. He looks angry and it’s just so heartbreaking. Please any help or ideas to get my beautiful cham back?
or has anyone every had this happen?
is it first time vet experience shock? Lol
I just want to know is this normal for them and will he come back his happy self?
6F89F278-7FEF-4D47-94DF-4049C121BA93.jpeg
5F303591-74E2-440B-90FC-BA92E3D99ED5.jpeg

Black is a stress color. Where is his enclosure? I'd keep it in a quiet, very low traffic area until he's better.
Also, from my understanding, eye issues are often from a supplementation issue. What supplements do you give & how often? How old is he? I'm not an expert, but this info could help the experts on here help you with him.

I thought he had passed based off your first sentence...
my lil guy is gone.

As already stated black is stress... He needs to be able to settle back in. Try not to hover over him right now. He just went through a lot.

Thanks for helping!!! Sorry for the scare @Beman lol
He is in the corner of the bedroom. And he is 3.5-4 months old. I just started him on the Arcadia supplements. The Earthpro A (calcium without D3) was started today. He was on repashy calcium plus due to the light I had prior to the T5 HO.
as for his tail he did not have that prior to the visit so when I saw it this morning while feeding him I snapped the pic. My thoughts was it has to be something from when they did the testings. It’s so frustrating with this damn Covid because we can’t go in there to see what’s going on. It’s a drop off and we call you later type of thing.
should I place his curtain up to give him that extra privacy?
I have closed off the room so nobody goes in it besides me but I mean for when I go in there to get ready for work and what not.

@SourGrape4u his last shed was last Wednesday so I feel like it’s something the vet did while doing his testings. I honestly don’t know what else it could be from.

He is in the corner of the bedroom. And he is 3.5-4 months old. I just started him on the Arcadia supplements. The Earthpro A (calcium without D3) was started today. He was on repashy calcium plus due to the light I had prior to the T5 HO.
as for his tail he did not have that prior to the visit so when I saw it this morning while feeding him I snapped the pic. My thoughts was it has to be something from when they did the testings. It’s so frustrating with this damn Covid because we can’t go in there to see what’s going on. It’s a drop off and we call you later type of thing.
I have closed off the room so nobody goes in it besides me but I mean for when I go in there to get ready for work and what not.

I would leave him where's he's at. I don't think you need a curtain if he isn't in a high traffic area.
How do you dust your feeders? A very light dusting is all that is needed. You don't want them to look like a powdered donut?(this is how it was explained to me. it's a great mental image!)
Is it this? I don't know anything about this supplement. So hopefully somebody else can tell you if its the only 1 he needs.
I do know panthers need calcium without D3 daily & then a multivitamin 2x a month.

Attachments

• earthpro-a-back.png
    earthpro-a-back.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 87
  • RAREP350__34373.1560785971.1280.1280.jpg
    RAREP350__34373.1560785971.1280.1280.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 63
I would not place a curtain. Just keep the door closed. Let him have time. It can be very stressful on them getting bloodwork done. I had to do this with Beman and for days after he was off and very aggressive with me. I found with him he just needed the time to recover from the stress and know he was safe. I understand your upset about not being able to go in. But if it makes you feel better my vet never performs procedures in front of me only the exam.

The repashy calcium plus has much higher levels of D3 then the LoD version. We have seen edema in chams that were on this supplement.
I believe you got all three arcadia supplements correct? Let me know if you need clarification on the rotation of these. If you didn't then we need to go over what you are using with the EP-A. :)

Thank y’all. @CharlieRae yes that is the earth pro A which should be the calcium without D3 which to my understanding from @Beman it should be given 6 days and on the 7th day switch between the Calcium MG which is with D3 and reptivitalise D3 which is a multivitamin.
@Beman please do correct if I did not understand this correctly from our conversation because this is day one I’m using it so now is the time to adjust ?
As for dusting I do NOW dust lightly lol thanks @Gingero for that video of supplements.. taught me how to dust properly lol
So much learning to do!! ?

Thank y’all. @CharlieRae yes that is the earth pro A which should be the calcium without D3 which to my understanding from @Beman it should be given 6 days and on the 7th day switch between the Calcium MG which is with D3 and reptivitalise D3 which is a multivitamin.
@Beman please do correct if I did not understand this correctly from our conversation because this is day one I’m using it so now is the time to adjust ?
As for dusting I do NOW dust lightly lol thanks @Gingero for that video of supplements.. taught me how to dust properly lol

Awesome. I'm glad somebody was able to get you on a good schedule!

This is correct now as they mature and you start reducing feedings you keep the same schedule. Your just dropping days that you would do the EP-A :)

Was he under the basking light when black? If so he may just be trying to get his body temp back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom