bizzare question

rob1987uk

hi would anyone know if it is possible for a panther cham to become constipated ? sounds like a silly question to ask i no but would like to rule things out :confused:

Yes, they do get constipated.
A few drops of olive oil on a cricket will fix it, next day u will find a giant poop on the floor! :eek:

she has been pooing but before she does she stays at the bottom of her viv usually in very dark coloration would this meen she is struggling to pass it through ?

Impaction can be a killer so if you are concerned you should take her to see a vet. Warm showers and natural sun are known to help pass an awkward poop but there are many reasons this could happen.

We can maybe help you some more if you could fill out this form and give us a bit more info :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

How old is she? Maybe she's looking to lay eggs?

I would say this if she is pooping she might be looking to lay eggs. They can have inferile eggs even if not bred.

Provide a lay box for her and let her be, see if she starts digging. You can use just plain topsoil, some like to have a small plant in it to lay next to. Some just need something to lay in and don't really care!

Make sure it's moist, but when you squeeze only a few drops of water comes out. You don't want it super wet, enough to form a tunnel.

How old is she? Maybe she's looking to lay eggs?

I would say this if she is pooping she might be looking to lay eggs. They can have inferile eggs even if not bred.

Chameleons can often go to the bottom to poop so I would not necessarily say that this problem is egg related. My girl poops more often when she has eggs and is more likely to become impacted afterwards due to ingesting the laying bin substrate while digging :)

Chameleons can often go to the bottom to poop so I would not necessarily say that this problem is egg related. My girl poops more often when she has eggs and is more likely to become impacted afterwards due to ingesting the laying bin substrate while digging :)

That is why I said "might" be looking to lay eggs :). It's not a guarantee she is looking to lay, but if she is pooping otherwise, it's a good possibility.

Either way, females need to have access to a lay box once they start getting mature. When they can develop eggs as early as 6 months (probably earlier in some cases) they need to be able to do their thing.

thanks guys yes ive thought about eggs yesterday i sorted out her laying bin with 2 new plants hoping its not the case as i am planning to mate her. she was fine today it just seems to be the days she has a poo she goes like it

Back
Top Bottom