bizare cham behaviour....help!

Purpur

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - female veiled, ~3 months old, had for ~ five weeks
Handling - sparingly, only when needed
Feeding - crickets, gut loaded w/ flukers gut load, apples, carrots, celery, chick peas, peas, green peppers, algae paper, and berries. varries depending on what i have on hand. mealworms sparingly ( once a week, one worm)
Supplements - repcal herpvite, 2x a month, rep cal calcium w/d3, 2x a month, calcium 5x a week
Watering - misting, 3to 5 times a day. see her drink
Fecal Description - no parasite test, healthy looking poo, white urate poops ~ once a day.
History - shed three times since bringing her home. eats ~10 large crickets a day. has gone from two inches in legth to about six inches in length since bringing her home.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - mesh, 36x18X18
Lighting - reptiglow 5 uvb, repti sun 75 watt (my house is cold) ceremaic heat emmiter for night. lights on at 10 am, lights off 9 pm
Temperature - highest day~88F, lowest day ~80F. highest night ~75F, lowest night ~65F use one old fashioned thermometer and two digital thermometers
Humidity - ~70%, lowest is 50% i mist to maintain, and use a hydrometer to measure it.
Plants - no
Placement - bedroom, low foot trafic. warmer room. not near heat vent. ~ five feet up ( on a dresser)
Location - ny

she has been going to the bottom of her cage and striking at random things. there are no loose bugs, i cup feed. I initially thought that she was looking for a lay spot, so she has a box in with her. What is she doing? I am worried that she will either eat something she shouldn't, or hurt her tounge.

Do you have substrate on the bottom? If yes, then get rid of it! Sorry, it's my english but how do you mean she is striking at things?

the only place there is substrate is in her laying bin. by striking i mean flicking her tounge out, like when they eat.

Back
Top Bottom