Biting tail?

Julesebules

Hi, Viki is a veiled chameleon and I've had her since the end of May. Recently I've seen her bite the end of her tail. Is there any reason for this?

Attachments

• IMG_6488.JPG
    IMG_6488.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6489.JPG
    IMG_6489.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6492.JPG
    IMG_6492.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 196
I've only heard of this once before and I don't remember the outcome...sorry. Sounds like it's irritated to me too....hope you can figure it out.

@Julesebules Is there a build up of stuck shed on the tip of the tail? Keep it moist and try to gently wipe it off. Try to open up what is encircling the tail so it can't constrict and cut off the circulation. You can lose the tip of the tail. Stuck shed dried and shrinks. Low humidity is a major cause of shedding problems. There are others.

@Julesebules Is there a build up of stuck shed on the tip of the tail? Keep it moist and try to gently wipe it off. Try to open up what is encircling the tail so it can't constrict and cut off the circulation. You can lose the tip of the tail. Stuck shed dried and shrinks. Low humidity is a major cause of shedding problems. There are others.
I have been keeping the end of her tail wet. I took her out to see if there was anything to wipe off and there was a sticky, clumpy-like residue and I couldn't get it all off. Could this have been stuck shed?

I have been keeping the end of her tail wet. I took her out to see if there was anything to wipe off and there was a sticky, clumpy-like residue and I couldn't get it all off. Could this have been stuck shed?

Yes, it could be shed. It gets kind of gooey when wet. Make sure there is an opening to the shed the length of the tip so that it won't cut off the circulation.

Back
Top Bottom