Biting at wood

So I saw my veiled (whom I’ve had for about 2 hours) biting at this piece of wood. I assumed he just thought it was food and bit it trying to eat it. I gave him some crickets and he’s not doing it anymore. I just wanna make sure he’s not doing it for another reason.(I would show the video but I couldn’t find a way to attach it)

Attachments

• 8DF7C51A-25D7-480B-85B7-A501F7174849.png
    8DF7C51A-25D7-480B-85B7-A501F7174849.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Veileds are chewers... Which is why we don't recommend artificial plants for them. They bite at them thinking they are real and can in turn pull off pieces that can cause major issues.

He is either just checking out his surroundings or was not given the proper supplements prior to you getting them. When supplementation is off they will go after anything available to try to correct the issue.

They will also go after soil so when or if you add live plants make sure you cover the soil in 1 inch or larger river rock so he can not get to it.

Veileds are chewers... Which is why we don't recommend artificial plants for them. They bite at them thinking they are real and can in turn pull off pieces that can cause major issues.

He is either just checking out his surroundings or was not given the proper supplements prior to you getting them. When supplementation is off they will go after anything available to try to correct the issue.

They will also go after soil so when or if you add live plants make sure you cover the soil in 1 inch or larger river rock so he can not get to it.
Actually I should have added this: he came in a container with a fake leaf and some dirt. He did bite at the dirt while he was in the container on the drive home.

This

Back
Top Bottom