Bird Gym?

littlefoot3

Just a thought, I always see similar statements about chameleon habitats being closer to a parrot's enclosure rather than a regular reptiles.

I've had birds for years and I'm just wondering if you think a chameleon would be alright hanging out on a little bird gym? As much as I would love to build him a nice big free range I live in an apartment with a roommate. She probably wouldn't mind TOO much but I don't want to overstep my boundaries. I was thinking maybe I could get a simple bird play gym and throw some vines or something on it? That way he can sit on the end table next to the couch and be a part of what's going on and get a little more familiar with everyone.

I used a 6' tall floor lamp and wrapped vines around it form the top to about 2' off the ground so he can't get down. He loves to free range on it and its super easy to take outside for some sun!

Bird gear does in fact fit for adult chameleons. Some use the bird ladders and ropes, if you have a spare bird gym or find one on sale, go ahead and use it. I would not go out and buy one specifically just because I think you can make one much better suited and for much cheaper. FYI, the ladders and ropes are expensive! Nothing beats natural fiber rope from the dollar store and multiple hanging deadwood branches. Get creative!

Back
Top Bottom