Biodude bioactive substrate?

Repti

Established Member
Had anyone tried to use his bioactive substrate and if so do you need a drainage layer/system because in the video he created he didn’t use any instead he used a root pouch.

Had anyone tried to use his bioactive substrate and if so do you need a drainage layer/system because in the video he created he didn’t use any instead he used a root pouch.
I tried it, it molded over way too quickly. I don’t use it anymore. Use a drainage layer underneath it if you use it

How would you create a drainage system that uses a siphon, also do you guys knows a good diy bioactive mixture?

How would you create a drainage system that uses a siphon, also do you guys knows a good diy bioactive mixture?
Make your own ABG mix. Put a pvc pipe with notches in one corner that leads to the bottom of the drainage layer and you put the siphon in that, or add a bulkhead or drain to your substrate bin instead

I just use joshs frogs abg mix in my uroplatus enclosures with a drainage layer, I also have a pvc pipe with holes drilled in and it’s covered with some left over screen, i use a wet vac once a month to suck the water out..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom