Bioactive setup stuff suggestions

saradoggy10

Established Member
I'm currently looking for the most financially responsible but effective thermometer, hydrometer, and timers. I'm thinking a surge strip with a timer would be the most effective to turn off the lamps all at the same time but I would love to know what you have chosen for all of them.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/bioactive-setup-stuff-list.2443/
Here is my list so far if you're interested in taking a little peek-a-roo. I heard digital is way better than manual so I need to figure out an digital alternative for the thermometer.

Before I forget, a household incandescent lightbulb is perfectly fine for basking; you don't need a $20 Exo-Terra (or whatever). ;)

In looking for my own digital thermometers & hygrometers w/ probes, what I found out is ALL digital hygrometers have integral thermometers, for basically the same price as a thermometer (within a buck or two).

I prefer the simple thermometers that look like (or similar to) this:
1591826735713.png

They're usually around $5-$6, less in packages of 3-6.
Hygrometers are similar...

1591826900593.png

This one was $8, but shop around; may be better deals on ebay, etc.
N.B. Pay attention to which scale you want, C or F. Many of the inexpensive ones can be gotten in either C or F, but not both or switchable (those cost more). Sometimes they mix up the photos; written descriptions take precedence over pictures.

I've found both these types to be accurate within 1°± (Dial types can be off by up to 10° or more.)

Back
Top Bottom