Bioactive Setup -- Mold Problem

iMi

Established Member
I have increased the misting schedule to dial in humidity. Now I have some mold growing on the outside of the dirt. Looks like the organic dirt part is growing some mold. Anyone had this problem and if so, what's the solution?

More springtails, they feed on mold/mildew/fungus. You may have a ventilation issue as well. Make sure you have good airflow, this will help dry out the enclosure faster, knocking down your mold problem. I guess a third issue could also be your drainage. Make sure there isn’t standing water in you bottom drainage layer. Hope that helps.

More springtails, they feed on mold/mildew/fungus. You may have a ventilation issue as well. Make sure you have good airflow, this will help dry out the enclosure faster, knocking down your mold problem. I guess a third issue could also be your drainage. Make sure there isn’t standing water in you bottom drainage layer. Hope that helps.

Thank you. The sides are mesh, so ventilation should not be a problem. There is a large drainage layer. That leaves springtails. I have seeded a large amount already. I actually have a whole bunch in the coal in a container. Will add them right away.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom