Bio active lay bin?

PistachioG

Curious if anyone with a female has experimented with a bio active lay bin? I don’t want to do the entire enclosure bioactive but wondered if doing so with a lay bin would keep the sand soil mix healthy. I thought of it yesterday because it’s where my cham poops. Apparently it’s a giant litter box and not for eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Curious if anyone with a female has experimented with a bio active lay bin? I don’t want to do the entire enclosure bioactive but wondered if doing so with a lay bin would keep the sand soil mix healthy. I thought of it yesterday because it’s where my cham poops. Apparently it’s a giant litter box and not for eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️
I wouldn’t see a problem with it. Just as long as the lay bin meets the requirements of a lay bin.

I have my girls in full bioactive but they are yet to lay in it. I admit that when the time comes, I’m going to be a bit nervous and hope that the soil is moist enough to hold wherever they choose to tunnel. No concerns at all about the clean up crew. If anything it’ll provide little snacks if she wants during her labors.

I have my girls in full bioactive but they are yet to lay in it. I admit that when the time comes, I’m going to be a bit nervous and hope that the soil is moist enough to hold wherever they choose to tunnel. No concerns at all about the clean up crew. If anything it’ll provide little snacks if she wants during her labors.
Mine stays fairly moist between misting and watering plants that sit above it. Maybe too moist for a good bioactive? I need to do a lot more learning before trying it out but if I do I’ll share how it’s going.

Back
Top Bottom