Bio active Exo terra's??? Do you have them?

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Hey everyone. Recently I have been toying with setting up a small bio active exo terra. Not even for an animal just to try my hand with a bio active environment. I love the idea of having a small waterfall in it as well. Not sure the best way to achieve this other then dividing the exo and having a siliconed divider in the bottom so one part could hold water and the other the bio active layers. Would love to learn more if you have any links you could share that would be great.

Oh yeah I've researched a lot into this. Been wanting to do a vampire crab viv with waterfall and all. For separating the soil layer and water, I'd just get creative. Could use siliconed pond liner, a sheet of plexiglass, maybe some sort of foam, really whatever you have available that is safe. Feel free to message me. Can't think of any specific links atm, but if I do I'll get back to you.

Hey everyone. Recently I have been toying with setting up a small bio active exo terra. Not even for an animal just to try my hand with a bio active environment. I love the idea of having a small waterfall in it as well. Not sure the best way to achieve this other then dividing the exo and having a siliconed divider in the bottom so one part could hold water and the other the bio active layers. Would love to learn more if you have any links you could share that would be great.

Bioactive roach setup, go.

Actually how big is it? Post pics

Last edited:
Oh yeah I've researched a lot into this. Been wanting to do a vampire crab viv with waterfall and all. For separating the soil layer and water, I'd just get creative. Could use siliconed pond liner, a sheet of plexiglass, maybe some sort of foam, really whatever you have available that is safe. Feel free to message me. Can't think of any specific links atm, but if I do I'll get back to you.
Plexiglass was actually what I was thinking and using silicone to seal it into place. I would like to use pondfoam for the walls and be able to leave little tiny potting areas. I dunno I can see it all in my head. lol I watched a video today for adding a waterfall very simple but I could do that and have the hose run up the back then down the foam path on the side of the exo terra.

You might want to check this video out:
and even more of his videos. I did a paludarium following loosely the video above. He used a 40 gallon breeder and I used a 20 gallon tall. My son and his fiance liked it so much I gifted it to them. He has lots of videos and you can get some great ideas from him.

You might want to check this video out:
and even more of his videos. I did a paludarium following loosely the video above. He used a 40 gallon breeder and I used a 20 gallon tall. My son and his fiance liked it so much I gifted it to them. He has lots of videos and you can get some great ideas from him.

Thank you I saw that one pop up today but did not watch it yet. :)

So it is all in my head right now... I was looking at the mini tall that is 12x12x18... Here is the link http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/natural_terrarium_mini.php

Small enough not to overwhelm me on my first project. But large enough to accommodate nice foliage.

That would be perfect for a pair of emperor scorpions, or a single tarantula.

I strongly recommend grammostola pulchra or grammostola pulchripes.

Both are quite literally puppy dogs and aren't fussy.

All these guys eat so little compared to chams that I doubt you'd ever have to deliberately buy food for them.

That would be perfect for a pair of emperor scorpions, or a single tarantula.

I strongly recommend grammostola pulchra or grammostola pulchripes.

Both are quite literally puppy dogs and aren't fussy.

All these guys eat so little compared to chams that I doubt you'd ever have to deliberately buy food for them.
I am not thinking of putting anything in it. I don't do spiders or scorpions. They scare me... A LOT!

I live in AZ... I have a great respect for them. Let them go about their way. I even stop to move them out of the street. But they still freak me out. And my daughter would murder me in my sleep.

So you have aphonopelma hentzi and chalcodes readily available, generally also sweethearts.

Well what are you waiting for? :p

Back
Top Bottom