Bio active enclosure for panther

cut the whole cage down to 48” in height or move the doors down (or other)

Not 48 tall, I would cut the 48 deep.

So your plans show a cage 48inches wide (thats fine) and 72 inches tall (thats fine) but you also have it 48 inches front to back, thats your depth. I would not make it that deep. at 24 inches, you will have to climb in to access the back, and need 16 nozzles instead of 8.

what do you suggest I use? For lower-ish cost

For lowerish cost, I would build it from 2 sheets of Plywood. Wooden walls not acrylic. and use 1x2s (1x3s for the mist bars). If you want to get doors online, shipping 5ft doors will be hard, so a front vent, and a lowered top section (1x4 or 1x5) will allow you to make a 4ft tall door, and highlight the main living area. I can already tell you the door price, if you pull off a 4ft tall door, your looking at 170ish shipped for 1/4 tempered glass sliding doors. and 30 for a track. 5ft doors are about 280. 6 foot doors are 310, the price goes up dramatically after 4ft.

Ok, I think I have a new plan. I’m currently looking on Craigslist and found a good cabinet I’d like to remake. The dimensions s are almost perfect 40” 12” 65”. I think it will be much easier with better results. I’ll still keep you all updated

Ok, I think I have a new plan. I’m currently looking on Craigslist and found a good cabinet I’d like to remake. The dimensions s are almost perfect 40” 12” 65”. I think it will be much easier with better results. I’ll still keep you all updated

I second @cyberlocc - 12" is too shallow. I suppose if you have some carpentry ability you could make it deeper, but otherwise I'd keep going. Unfortunately, many nice cabinets are too simply too shallow without alteration!

I second @cyberlocc - 12" is too shallow. I suppose if you have some carpentry ability you could make it deeper, but otherwise I'd keep going. Unfortunately, many nice cabinets are too simply too shallow without alteration!

I actually have one for sale locally atm, that I been thinking about picking up. Its 34 wide, 6'6" tall with a 5'8" tall cabinet interior is solid oak gun cabinet, and its 19 inches deep. So it does exist, but they are older hardwood gun cabinets.

Edit: just went to get you a pic, and its gone :(, they only wanted 35 dollars it was a steal lol. I never pull the trigger becomes I want something I can match up more than 1 of.

Last edited:
I actually have one for sale locally atm, that I been thinking about picking up. Its 34 wide, 6'6" tall with a 5'8" tall cabinet interior is solid oak gun cabinet, and its 19 inches deep. So it does exist, but they are older hardwood gun cabinets.

Jealous!! I've been keeping half an eye open for a good cabinet, but they're hard to find! Not many gun cabinets in my neck of the woods, let alone nice hardwood ones. :cry: I'm stuck with curio cabinets and hutches, and none of the ones I've seen posted locally have exceeded 14". The hunt continues!

Jealous!! I've been keeping half an eye open for a good cabinet, but they're hard to find! Not many gun cabinets in my neck of the woods, let alone nice hardwood ones. :cry: I'm stuck with curio cabinets and hutches, and none of the ones I've seen posted locally have exceeded 14". The hunt continues!

Ya we got curios and gun cabinets, I live in Arizona so old Gun cabinets are a dime a dozen, Wild West lol.

Hello, Im looking to build my first bio active enclosure for my future panther chameleon. I was wondering if anyone could give a list of their favorite things to use
(cuc, substrate/substrate mix, plants, drainage layer, lights, etc.
Any suggestions will help a ton and I will really appreciate feedback.
Seems obvious now, but heat lamp seems to ruin any leaves within an inch of it. Ours is really new but it was mega fun to set up - even choosing the bugs and food for the bugs in the soil!

Back
Top Bottom